Business Process and Data Analyst - FTC, Open to flexible working
18 month secondment/FTC
We are looking for a Business Process and Data Analyst to join our team in GSK HQ!
Data & analytics is an integral part of GSK's Tax Technology Strategy; you will need to work with the Global Tax team as well as the wider GSK finance teams in understanding how we can use technology, more specifically, data / analytics to improve our processes. You'll need to have an understanding of the data, and also provide key insights and analysis to our stakeholders to support in driving the projects forward.
You'll be supporting on operational tax transformation, technology and process improvement projects. This role sits within our Global Tax organisation, however prior experience within Tax is not essential for this role.
- Provide key insights / analytics for all Global Tax automation & transformation
- Support on project activities, such as building business cases, engagement and assessment, project planning, design, implementation, testing, training and success measurement across all operational tax and statutory reporting activity
- Support in project stakeholder management / engagement
- Work on Tax Technology / Data governance processes, incl. solution documentation, access controls & periodic reporting
- Drive process improvement & standardisation, i.e. identify opportunities, propose and deliver continuous process improvements to reduce operating costs and minimise tax risks across all taxes
- Work with our Tax Compliance Partners, Finance and GSK's Statutory Compliance Service to understand compliance issues and maximise the efficiency of the service delivery
- Support GSK's Tax Technology Strategy by supporting / driving opportunities for technology improvements; and enhance automation across all Tax processes.
- Support the delivery of training / documentation in relation to Global Tax with the wider business
- In your previous role you will have experience in creating detailed insights and analytics to inform business decisions
- Prior experience in Process Improvement
- Full competency within Microsoft Suite (this includes strong excel skills)
- Knowledge of SAP
- Strong communication skills
- Stakeholder management capabilities
- Prior experience within a Tax role
- Project management experience
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.