Finance Accountant, Open to flexible working
7 days left
- Contract Type
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
You will join a Central Accounts team that are embarking on an exciting new phase, working with a new finance system. As a member of the team you will be key in fully understanding the capabilities of the new finance system to provide support within the team and to the wider finance teams (our customers). Being able to think differently, create new ways to work and spot new opportunities for us to add value to the work we produce will be an important part of the role.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Management Accountant role.
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- Own your own work. You will have a broad accountancy knowledge and an awareness of UK taxes and be confident in applying this to your day to day work. You will be involved in supervising, reviewing and performing a wide range of tasks, adhoc projects and system interrogation so it is important to demonstrate that you can work at different levels of detail.
- Be a part of a team. You will be part of a team that is working with a new finance system so it will be key that you are able to apply your accountancy knowledge and learn the system quickly, providing support to the team on their day to day work is key. The Central Accounts team are responsible for delivering amongst other things the Group VAT return, Group Financial Statements, Monthly timetable and Key account reconciliations.
- Take responsibility. You will be responsible for ensuring that your work is delivered in accordance with our timetables and you will be used to working to tight deadlines. Working with a new system will provide a lot of opportunities to think differently, key goals for this role will be to explore new ways of working and new ways of providing value to the wider finance teams (our clients).
- Build your brand. You will be confident in challenging and communicating in a clear and concise way and will be able to build credibility with people at all levels.
The minimum criteria
You will be a qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA) and be able to demonstrate success and varied knowledge within an accounting capacity.
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- You will have a strong finance background and be able to demonstrate a good understanding of UK taxes particularly VAT
- You will be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions, internal audit and interrogation of the system will be a new skillset required for the team, being able to support the team with this new way of working will be key
- You will have strong technical skills and experience of providing your clients and stakeholders with quality services and deliverables
- You will have strong excel skills with experience of working with large amounts of data
- You will be focused on self development and must demonstrate previous responsibility for coaching, mentoring and developing your colleagues.
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.