Director of Infrastructure Security, Open to flexible working
Are you looking for an opportunity to lead the digital innovation across the global organisation? If so, this is the role for you.
We are pleased to announce a unique and exciting opportunity for an experienced Information Security professional to lead GSK's global Security Infrastructure team. The role involves leading a wide-ranging and diverse program supporting all GKS's global business and product portfolio.
Critical to your success and the success of the team include: strong engagement with the key stakeholders in the company; implementation of an effective security infrastructure strategy with prioritisation of activity across current and emerging business needs; maximising the impact of infrastructure modernisation and growth in an evolving threat environment; justifying and securing resources for programs and strategic investments; and engagement with external partners for collaborative growth and capability development.
You will leverage links to key partner groups including Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines, and Consumer divisions. To be effective, the leader will need to exhibit strong partnering behaviours, be highly flexible and proactive, and exhibit outstanding matrix-working behaviours.
This is a unique opportunity that will be attractive to an individual with a strong track record of leadership, strategic vision, and technical accomplishment in information security.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Capable leader able to identify, hire, and develop a skilled team of engineers from the information security industry and related disciplines
- Strong leadership skills to enable the department to operate effectively in a constantly evolving environment
- Capable of developing innovative solutions in a resource constrained environment
- Be on the forefront of new methods, skills, technologies, and requirements in Information Security, including through partnerships with external parties
- Inspirational leader able articulate a clear vision linked to GSK objectives, and to motivate a team to achieve exceptional performance
- Exemplary interpersonal skills in a complex matrix environment
- Able to show others how to negotiate complex partner landscape pragmatically and effectively
- Skilled at building and leveraging relationships with internal stakeholders across the business
- Able to engage effectively with external thought leaders, industry partners and other government agencies
- Experience within a large enterprise network covering multinational locations, various technology platforms, legacy systems and cloud security challenges
- Experience leading management teams, multiple teams, international teams, including budget and talent strategy
- Experience with overseeing network configuration management, developing metrics for uptime, security posture and health
- Experience with teams responsible for security infrastructure platforms to include encryption, end point solutions, network contextual analysers, digital and multimedia forensics, network, endpoint, mobile solutions, Data Loss Prevention (DLP)/User Behaviour Analytics (UBA)
- Experience with teams and technologies for managing firewalls, intrusion prevention systems (IPS), proxy servers, mobile data management platforms (MDM), security information and event management (SIEM) tools
- Experience developing strategy for insider threat programs to include working with various stakeholders like Privacy, Human Resources and Legal.
- Experience working with the complexities of privacy concerns to include cross border data transfer and country specific considerations of data storage, protection and handling
- Experience developing metrics for performance monitoring, capacity and planning needs
- Leader able to demonstrate ability to continue building recognition of GSK as an industry leader in information security that is well respected across both the academic and industry community
- Be a focus for, and lead, senior stakeholder interactions to ensure alignment of goals, objectives and priorities for the enterprise group
- Build and maintain productive collaborations with academic, regulatory and customer groups
- Support interactions with regulatory agencies and payers including influencing policy and defending assets
- Recruit and retain a highly motivated, high skill group that is engaged with the business
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Degree in Information Management/Computer Science or relevant work experience
- 10+ years' experience in Information Security
- 10 + years' experience supervising teams in both direct reporting and matrix structures
- 7 + years' experience developing, presenting, and implementing organsational strategies
- 7 + years' of budget management experience (for example, procurement of services, hardware, cost centre P&L management)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Degree in Information Management/Computer Science or related discipline
- 12+ years' experience in leadership roles
- Understanding of the positive business impact of diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Proven and advanced collaboration skills, and cultural sensitivity
- Good communication and presentation skills as evidenced through impactful senior management presentations
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior commercial leadership and confidently defend informed recommendations
- Industry certification(s) such as CISSP, GIAC-GSEC, GIAC-GCIP
- Proven working knowledge of program management in Agile
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective decision making skills
- Experience with developing budgets and writing business plans
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change. Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.