Assistant General Counsel, Open to flexible working
Assistant General Counsel, Global Digital and Privacy Law Head of Digital Health Innovation Legal - Pharma
This is a leadership role responsible for designing and implementing contracting, compliance and legal solutions for digital health innovation initiatives, aligning to GSK's Pharmaceutical business. A ground-breaking and market differentiating role, with excellent opportunity to develop, involving a team of combined health and tech legal experts in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
This role will partner closely with GSK's global privacy legal team as well as other GSK legal teams. Specific responsibilities include of the following:
- May manage a team of 2 to up to 8 lawyers, all supporting GSK's digital health initiatives
- Partner with the GSK business to develop contract-based or product-based digital health offers and marketing initiatives
- Share and upskill the legal team's knowledge in the digital health arena by developing best practices for business product offers
- Lead legal playbooks and GSK's positioning in emerging and maturing technologies such as blockchain, AI, data analytics, etc.
- Become a trusted advisor to one or more chief digital officers, enable direct reports to develop trusted advisor and key business partner relationship with digital, marketing, data and analytics teams in GSK
- Support major strategic pharma digital projects by participating and driving appropriate contract and offer structures, involving a combination of privacy, life sciences and technology legal issues.
- Establish strong relationships and serve as a business partner to key internal stakeholders for example Tech, Commercial, Marketing, Regulatory, and Medical Affairs
- Build GSK's commercial viability in digital health by actively looking for opportunities to shape innovative projects in a compliant way
- Lead negotiation strategy for third-party contracts, promote a competitively differentiating IP strategy, and successfully manage contracting risk in a balanced way
- Conduct and handle privacy / data risk associated with health innovation;
- Lead the drafting of templates, playbooks and guidance notes using plain English
- Lead training to the business client and to internal GSK legal teams on the digital health offers
- Collaborate extensively within and outside the digital legal team, including with tech and data specialists
Requirements and Qualifications
This is a strategic role requiring significant leadership, drive, and problem-solving. A combination of great people skills, business acumen and expertise is required to support the digital innovation in the Pharma business. We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Life sciences expertise including one or more of drug development/R&D, Rx regulatory, marketing, supply chain, commercial
- Technology transactions such as software licensing
- Privacy (CIPP/E/US qualification or similar helpful)
- Intellectual Property in either life sciences or tech
- Marketing and data analytics
- Experience with pharmaceutical/biotech companies required
- Excellent technical and drafting skills
- A track record in leading and advising on a range of technology transactions
- Compliance and knowledge management
- Comfortable with advising senior stakeholders and building cross-functional relationships
- Ability to provide creative and commercial solutions to new and challenging issues in a constantly changing environment
Level of Experience Required:
- Candidates are likely to have at least 10 years of post-qualification experience for guideline purposes only
- Previous leadership and/or management experience in pharma or other healthcare environments is desirable as this is a highly visible and impactful role
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.