TLA Account Exec - Manchester, Open to flexible working
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose – Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
Diageo Reserve is a high-growth business that focuses on unlocking the enormous potential of premium and luxury spirits. The Reserve portfolio has tripled in size in the last 5 years, doubled in the last 3 years and we have the ambition to grow to over £100m revenue. With an industry-leading portfolio that includes Ciroc vodka, Haig Club, Johnnie Walker SDLX, Tanqueray TEN, Ketel One, Zacapa, Talisker, Singleton and Lagavulin we are beating the competition but still only have a 9% share of the premium spirits market in GB, so the opportunities for growth are enormous. The Reserve team are focused on building brand momentum and engaging consumers, by working in partnership with the very best trend leading customers in both the On and Off Trade.
The strategy for Reserve GB is very simple and clear and the key accountabilities for this role are lined up against that strategy.
Explode growth of our luxury brands (Ciroc, Haig, Ketel One, Tanqueray TEN, Bulleit, JW SDLX). The key battleground to grow these brands will be the Premium on trade universe in GB, approximately 1,500 outlets. Winning here will lead to wider off and on trade distribution Grow Value on Malt whisky. There is huge potential to grow the Malts business through the on and off trade by developing and executing activities that deliver additional value for the consumer, with both Flavour Led and Aged variants. Seed and build Incubation brands. New to world brands are crucial to our long-term ambition and this role will play an important role and will allow us to seed and build these new brands in some of the best bars and hotels globally.
This is a key role, reporting to the CSM, GB and responsible for the P&L of approximately 80 of best Hotels, Cocktails Bars, Restaurants and Clubs. Example customers are Living Ventures, Mission Mars, Grantley Hall, Rockingham Group and many more. This is a high NSV RPC areas delivering over £1.2m NSV today with an ambition to grow to £2m over time. You will work with a motivated team who have built strong customer relationships across our total business and our customers.
Working with Reserve Marketing, Culture & Entertainment and Brand Ambassador team to deliver the annual P&L for your customers as measured by Salesforce. This will be delivered through a combination of securing pouring contracts and delivering exciting and bespoke activations on Reserve brands in these accounts.
- Play a leading part in influencing the total GB field sales business, and help drive scalable solutions particularly on whisky and mass luxury brands.
- Deliver accuracy in the P&L and an R&O that feeds through to the on trade Channel P&L
- Build and hold relationships with the owners / managers of the key retail groups in your account file
- Drive on trade understanding at all levels within Diageo GB, ensuring that the consumer trends that your customers are experiencing are fed through into brand and customer teams so we are constantly responding to the latest trends, especially regarding the “with food” occasion.
Top 2 Leadership Capabilities for this role:
Win through Execution
- Deliver stand-out brand activations, agreed according to Diageo and customer priorities
- Build the distribution of Diageo’s mass luxury portfolio
- Seed Diageo’s beer portfolio (Hop House, Guinness, Open Gate Brewery innovation) so that it creates a halo in the wider GB on trade
- Use your experience of the on trade to direct your customer A&P budget towards the highest ROI opportunities
- Know your own role in beating the competition, be restless in growing your understanding of the premium spirits market and use that to drive performance
Shape the Future
- Develop the strategy by customer and brand to “chart the course” towards the goal of £2m NSV
- Constantly scan the on trade environment for the emergence of new and premium groups that we should be working with
- Identify ways to secure resources and make things happen and have the energy and know how to implement.
- Display commercial acumen. You will be a key enabler of growth within GB and will be expected to harness your commercial insight to create new opportunities.
- Restless in finding solutions to deliver greater value growth for the Reserve portfolio and for your customers
- Idea generation, solution focused, drive new opportunities, anticipate trends and think in the future
Essential Qualifications / knowledge / experience required / languages
- Significant on trade experience
- Commercial mindset essential
- Analytical, systems aptitude and advanced Excel skills
- An existing network within the GB on trade preferred
- Able to demonstrate excellent relationship building and influencing skills across functions
Barriers to success in role
- Unable to work effectively within a diverse team of account managers and brand ambassadors
- Unable to distil brand objectives into actionable activation plans within resources available
- Inability to build trusting relationships across a broad range of stakeholders, demonstrate flexible style
- Inability to prioritise and manage own deliverables
- Unable to challenge status quo and influence others
- Poor commercial insight or understanding of the trade,
- Inability to deal with ambiguity and a fast changing environment
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realise its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Character Is Everything