Logistics Manager, Open to flexible working
1 day left
- Contract Type
At GSK Maidenhead, we are looking to add a new Logistics Manager to join the team. You will have specific responsibilities aligned to site objectives, and will work alongside other Logistics Managers, supporting one another in an interchangeable and rotational arrangement, allowing for growth and development of your knowledge and experience.
As an individual, you will be responsible for leading a small team, including setting expectations, leading training, managing performance, coaching and continuous improvement. From a Logistics perspective, you will support the Value Streams, developing a culture of accountability, empowerment, continuous improvement, customer focus, collaboration, involvement and development. You will support engaged communication and efficient material flow through logistics, managing performance and solving problems as required.
To deliver excellence in this position will require optimisation of performance in all areas, identification and resolution of problems, and improving the engagement and relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders. This role offers considerable growth opportunities: as a central role on site you will work across all business areas and functions, developing relationships internally including with the Sie Leadership Team.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing leadership and direction for the Logistics team through day to day management.
- Developing and embedding key performance indicators across Logistics function to ensure efficient and effective team performance.
- Developing and co-ordinating process improvement projects within Logistics function.
- Co-ordination and tracking of compliance activities across Logistics function.
- Assisting the team with investigations to define root cause of adverse events and delivery of CAPA actions.
- Developing and improving business capability and usage of M-ERP (SAP) system, supporting ongoing M-ERP improvements across site
- Supporting warehousing and scheduling functions to ensure materials are properly handled throughout the process
- Based on the rotational element of the role, you may be responsible for:
- Management of materials purchasing team and function, including developing performance metrics and improving supplier relationships; Managing materials and component purchasing processes, ensuring supply is maintained at required levels and timeframes, with appropriate cost and customer service
- Management of the production scheduling team, pulling together the operational teams on site to agree a weekly production plan that meets the market requirements; Developing an excellent relationship with the Supply hub to ensure the site has visibility of all relevant plans within the market up to and including the 24 month time horizon to enable financial and business planning
- Management of M-ERP capability development across the site (all functions), but also specifically focused on the capability development of the logistics team.
To really perform in this position, we need someone who is highly motivated and highly resilient. This is a job where successful delivery requires quick, consistent and frequent problem solving. You must be able to think on your feet, adapt to issues and be able to deal with ambiguity, all while delivering results consistent in a very fast-paced operational environment. Due to the nature of the site, you need to be able to spin plates - dealing with unexpected circumstances effectively whilst also striving to implement effective processes and corrective actions which reduce problem occurrences moving forward. Balancing these two competing priorities is essential to success in this job.
CLOSING DATE for applications: Monday 21st September (COB)
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Degree qualified in a relevant field (such as Business, Economics, Supply Chain or Logistics)
- Hands on experience in Logistics, preferably with SAP experience
- Strong experience in planning and NPI related roles in a multinational environment
- Experience leading improvements projects
- Strong familiarity with MS Office application - primarily Excel and Power Point
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Masters degree qualified in a relevant field
- Hands on experience with analytics
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.