Estates Accounts Administrator, Part time
We're delighted to be recruiting for a skilled Accounts Administrator on behalf of a prestigious family-run business comprising of a variety of successful commercial enterprises across the environment, estates and property sectors.
This is an excellent opportunity for a financially proficient administrator with extensive accounts experience. You will be responsible for the day to day financial management of the business and will work closely with the owner and key members of the management team.
The successful candidate will enjoy working in a small friendly office based in a picturesque rural setting.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Raising rent demands, sales invoices and processing supplier payments
* Credit control
* Carrying out bank reconciliations for several accounts
* Preparing and submitting monthly VAT returns for the separate businesses
* Managing payroll for 10-15 employees
* Financial control and analysis of various enterprises
* Producing quarterly management reports
* Producing and analysing cashflows and reporting to the business owner and their advisors
* Assisting in the preparation of annual budgets
* Producing year-end accounts and facilitating the production of end of year accounts and tax returns in conjunction with the owner's accountant
* Liaising with professional advisors as required
* Challenging existing practice and driving innovation and efficiencies
* Other relevant administrative duties as may be reasonably required
Skills and experience required:
* Extensive prior accounts administration experience
* AAT, IAgSA or similar / equivalent qualifications desirable
* A good understanding of farming, rural businesses and estate management would be preferred
* Knowledge of relevant property management systems such as Farmplan or similar is advantageous
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Enjoys working collaboratively as part of a pro-active team, with a can-do approach to challenges
* Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
* Works with discretion and confidentiality
Hours of work:
This is a full or part time position and the successful applicant is expected to work no less than four days a week. Actual terms and hours will be discussed and agreed with the successful applicant.
Full-time hours: 8.30am - 5.00pm (30 mins lunch)
Salary and benefits:
* Circa ??30,000 pro-rata
* 22 days annual leave + bank holidays