HR Assistant - part time, 3 days per week
A position has become available for a part time HR Assistant at The Portman Estate. This role would be three full days a week including Monday, Friday and one other day to be confirmed.
The HR Assistant role is to support and deputise for the Personnel and Compliance Administrator in the efficient delivery of human resource support across the London office and two farms.
The Portman Estate owns 110 acres of Marylebone and is one of the major landowners in the West End. Its Marylebone portfolio is concentrated around the principal routes of Oxford Street, Baker Street, the Edgware Road and Portman Square. It also owns a rural estate in Buckinghamshire.
Core benefits include;
- Pension - employee contributes a minimum of 3%, employer contributes 10%
- Private Medical for the employee, partner and dependent children - Currently Bupa
- Life Insurance - 4 x salary
- Employee Assistance Help line
- Volunteering opportunities
Flexible benefits you can choose include;
- Cycle to work
- Gym Membership
- Private dental
- Discount dining card
- Discount cinema card
- Discount shopping website
- Technology loan
- GP Service
- Travel loan
- Buy/sell up to 5 days holiday
- Access to garden
- Flexible working (start/finish time)
- Wellbeing programme including subsidised massage, art classes, talks/seminars
- Training programme
- Charity Events
- Summer day out
- Christmas party
- Six mental health first aiders
Starters, leavers and routine personnel administration
- In the absence of the Personnel and Compliance Administrator, act as the first port of call for general enquiries from employees and managers and provide a link with the external HR adviser.
- Maintenance of personnel files (hard copy and electronic). Super User for new HR system (People Log) and flexible benefits system (PIB).
- Under the guidance of the Personnel and Compliance Administrator and with the support external HR advice if required, prepare and send out offers of employment, individual contracts and liaise with new joiners. This includes permanent, temporary and contract employees. Ensure onboarding process is followed correctly and that new starter information is accurately recorded on relevant systems and files (payroll, HR system, benefits and setting up new personnel files).
- Induction policy and process: ensure that it is carried out effectively across all teams, updating the policy as required and scheduling core induction training sessions for new starters.
- Ensure the leaver process is followed including booking exit interviews and return of equipment.
- Absence management: Following the introduction of the new HR system (People Log), review leave records and trends for any issues and run management reports as required.
- Other administrative support for HR matters, e.g. employment references; mortgage application references; enquiries from former employees; arranging staff photos; updating structure charts; changes to individual contracts; maternity/paternity leave arrangements.
- Cover for payroll function in the absence of the Estate’s Cashier, liaising with RSM and Finance Director.
- Book yearly flu vaccine with BUPA.
- Other tasks under the supervision of the Personnel and Compliance Administrator, for example updates to the Staff Handbook, chasing documents from employees and the production of routine reports.
Appraisals, training and development
- Manage the annual appraisal process including sending out template documents and monitoring completion rates with check lists.
- Book internal training courses and coaching sessions, consolidating all requirements across the teams, maintain a training diary and ensure follow-up of action and feedback.
- Deputise for the Personnel and Compliance Administrator as required on matters relating to recruitment, reward and benefits, training and development, case management and data protection.
- Support the wider Corporate Team at busy times
- Updating the Intranet
Skills and Experience Required
- To maintain a professional and polite manner at all times.
- Fluent written and verbal English.
- Articulate – able to communicate clearly with all employees including those at Board level.
- High emotional intelligence
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage workload effectively. Using outlook and specified processes to do this.
- Committed to their own personal development and the acquisition of new skills.
- High attention to detail when preparing documents.
- Experience of working in an office environment.
- Experience of handling sensitive or confidential information.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter
Apply for HR Assistant - part time, 3 days per week
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly