Audit Manager, Open to flexible working
7 days left
- Contract Type
Do you have a Commercial or Finance background? Are you interested in accelerating your development? As your next career step do you want to:
- Develop a deeper understanding of your functional business;
- Gain GSK knowledge and cultural awareness;
- Develop broader perspectives and a "One GSK" enterprise mindset;
- Engage with stakeholders at every level of the organisation;
- Grow cross-functional networks;
- Work in a high performing team;
- Enhance your leadership capabilities in communication, collaboration, challenge and influencing; and
- Build critical capability in risk management?
Have you considered an Audit Manager role in A&A ?
A&A is responsible for providing an objective view of risk management at a point in time. By raising awareness, we inspire meaningful action before potential issues become real issues. We collaborate and partner on the shared goal of reducing risk to GSK - protecting the interests of our patients. We are in the unique position to view across the GSK enterprise, connecting insights and sharing learnings in the risk space through our assurance and advisory product portfolio.
Our Audit Managers and Auditors perform and lead audits across the EMEA region in relation to Commercial Practices, ABAC and Finance. The Commercial Practices risk includes risks that arise from having direct interactions with our customers, such as the risk of inappropriate promotion. The ABAC risk is the risk of any inappropriate payments to or other interactions with third parties to gain an unfair advantage, while the Finance risk includes the risk of incorrect financial reporting and financial loss. Travel is required for this role for about 25% of your time (12 weeks per year).
As an Audit Manager, your role will be to deliver objective and insightful assurance that inspires meaningful action in reducing risk to GSK. This role is critical to illuminating the current state of risk management, giving credit for good practices, identifying issues, understanding root cause, and connecting dots across disparate activities to deliver insights that mobilise the organisation to improve.
The role serves as an ambassador of risk management and the Internal Controls Framework (ICF); fostering openness and trust and connecting individuals to resources that will help them reduce risk.
- Engage auditees and other business stakeholders in a way that inspires and builds trust, mutual understanding, and respect.
- Deliver timely and meaningful audit outputs in alignment with the Core Audit Process (or other assurance products as required), providing a holistic view of risk management in language the business understands. This includes not only identifying gaps in control and risk management, but also good practices and insights to be shared and leveraged more broadly across GSK.
- Connect assurance workstreams to the bigger picture for the assurance work. Actively join the dots to deliver meaningful insights, and appropriate context to support action.
- Connect auditees and other business stakeholders to insights and resources that will deepen their understanding of risk and the internal control framework.
- Anticipate and effectively manage potential obstacles to audit delivery and risk reduction; ensure timely escalation. Demonstrate a flexible approach to work, rebalancing priorities where necessary and solving problems creatively.
- Uphold A&A consistent standards, whilst working efficiently and minimising non-value add activities.
- Lead by example to challenge the status quo and create a vibrant, values-based work environment. Develop self and others through giving and receiving feedback to promote excellence and continuous improvement. Engage in peer to peer coaching, teaching, and mentoring.
- Actively contribute to the evolution of A&A assurance strategies and related audit universe entries.
- Expand the knowledge base of the A&A team through proactive knowledge sharing and collaboration. Share your experience actively for relevant audits. Build your own knowledge of new areas and actively participate in audits of new areas to increase your audit experience and flexibility as required by A&A.
- Champion A&A strategic projects and initiatives.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Commercial Practices, Financial Control and Reporting or Anti-bribery and Corruption, gained from functional roles in the business
- Proven track record of managing complex projects / initiatives including planning, organising, managing people and delivering with agreed timelines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong collaboration, partnership and influencing skills
- Good problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to challenge the status quo
- A self-starter, results-oriented
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline (e.g., finance, business, life sciences, pharmacy)
- An awareness of ADP tools
- Second foreign language
- Big 4 experience
- Prior experience within Pharmaceutical industry
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.