Insurance – Audit Senior/Assistant Manager, Open to flexible working
UK FSO Assurance is embarking on delivering transformational growth in Birmingham, and the regional markets. This is a great opportunity to be part of building an FSO success story.
Are you good at seeing the big picture? Then join EY Birmingham to gain experiences that will last a lifetime.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead, drive and manage fieldwork on client’s sites including liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process.
- Demonstrate Business Development skills and identify additional sales opportunities
- Demonstrate an application and solution-based approach to problem solving, referred to for research on delivery of solutions in that field on client assignments
- Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting frameworks (UK GAAP or IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters
- Demonstrate expertise in using GAM to perform an assurance engagement in compliance with auditing standards
- Identify, areas requiring improvement in the client’s business processes and possible recommendations and prepare and deliver Management Letter to be provided to the client
- ACA/CA/ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) - preferably first time passes
- You will boast excellent technical expertise with proven industry knowledge
- Proven and demonstrable experience in delivering external audit and assurance engagements in the Financial Services industry, ideally have particular experience in the Insurance, Banking and Wealth and Asset Management markets would be of benefit.
- The successful individual will need to demonstrate the Ability to coach, and develop more junior members of staff
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.