Financial Services Assurance, Senior/Assistant Manager, National Markets, Open to flexible working
Our Financial Services Assurance practice is built around our core audit delivery. You will gain a deep understanding of our clients’ businesses and their financial accounts, drawing on your experience to provide options and recommendations to management and the board.
As an auditor at EY, you will provide independent verification of our client's compliance with accounting principles. By doing so, you play a role in helping businesses accurately reflect their financial picture - an essential function as we work to rebuild trust in financial markets.
From small financial services companies to some of the world’s best-known banks, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data — and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex assurance procedures across the Financial Services industry.
Your key responsibilities
- Leading fieldwork, managing performance and keeping engagement leaders updated on audit engagements
- Completing audit processes and documenting higher-risk areas to increase your technical and business skills in areas including revenue, financial instruments and income taxes
- Engaging clients and providing authoritative advice and professionalism throughout transactions
- Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to develop junior colleagues
- Understanding our clients’ unique ambitions and needs and referring them to colleagues in other teams and areas to broaden our business relationships where possible
To qualify for the role you must have
- ACA/ACCA qualified or Part qualified (or international equivalent)
- Experience leading on Assurance/controls engagements in a Senior/Assistant Manager role
- or equivalent (e.g. Internal/External Audit)
- Significant experience in Financial Services - e.g. Banking, Wealth & Asset Management or Insurance
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of working in a team/project management
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
We’re building the workplace of the future at EY – a place that’s smarter, more inclusive, more dynamic and more flexible. We're embracing change and helping our clients to adapt - to create more inclusive economic growth. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.