Reception & IT Support Officer, part time, 15-21 hours per week
Background and summary of the job
We are currently planning for a blended delivery of the Minster Centre Psychotherapy and Counselling courses in the coming academic year, with some face to face teaching and some online teaching (through Zoom and Moodle) and to re-open the Centre for therapy delivery.
The Minster Centre is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual to fulfil the role of Reception & IT Support Officer. This is a key role across the Operations and IT Teams, to support this new way of working. The post is fixed term until December 2020 initially, with the possibility of extension.
The ideal candidate will have previous administration and front of house experience to help ensure that all building users (students, room hirers and clients) are welcomed, that the building is available and set up for training and therapy services, and that the building is closed and secured at the end of the day . Furthermore, they would be organised, have excellent IT skills and knowledge and practice of using Zoom. They will have the ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure. In addition, they will be able to work autonomously on various tasks and work well in a team. This is a great opportunity for someone with relevant transferable skills to develop those skills further.
Hours: 15 – 21 hours per week on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, including some evening work. Hours to be discussed and negotiated.
Salary range: £22, 604 pro rata, per annum
Contract: Fixed-Term to December 2020 initially with the possibility of extension.
Annual leave: 33 days (including bank holidays) pro rata
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensuring that Reception is always covered by working with the Senior Receptionist to organise a reception rota that covers absence, holidays, etc.
- Receiving visitors
- Setting the appropriate space/s up for events and assisting with special or evening events when requested including supporting Covid compliance measures.
- Ensuring there are adequate supplies of daily cleaning materials and refreshments and organising catering for specific events
- Responding appropriately to emergencies (training will be provided)
- Co-ordinating access to the building, opening and closing the building.
- Managing the room booking system.
- Answering, screening and forwarding any incoming telephone calls, and providing basic information when needed
- Dealing with room booking enquiries and bookings for events
- Managing petty cash
- Ordering stationary and other supplies as requested
- Dealing with customer queries or complaints politely and positively
- Keeping the reception area tidy
- Data entry tasks, or similar, in quiet periods
- To undertake such other duties as may be required by The Minster Centre from time to time.
- Diagnosing and resolving technology equipment issues in the training rooms (basic training can be provided). This might include; checking laptops and projectors are working and linked up. Checking wiring for microphones and speakers are connected properly.
- Assisting with Zoom support for blended teaching sessions in-centre.
- Providing IT assistance to Tutors, including responding to basic Moodle, Zoom and Microsoft Office queries/tasks. This will include being part of an on call rota for first line remote support.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties which fall within the ambit of the role, in discussion with the Operations Manager, Director or Deputy Directors.
The post holder is expected to comply with all relevant policies, procedures and guidelines of The Minster Centre, including those on Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and the Data Protection Act.
The Person Specification focuses on the knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications required to undertake the role effectively. Please ensure that your application demonstrates how you meet the essential criteria. You will be assessed by your completed application form, at interview if shortlisted, and, in some instances, through an exercise.
Qualifications and knowledge
- Maths and English to GCSE Grade C or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Zoom.
- Ability to engage with and respond appropriately to a wide range of different users of The Minster Centre including enquirers, visitors, clients, room hirers, students and staff.
- Strong organisational skills, with ability to prioritise work, manage multiple demands and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to plan ahead and take initiative when required
- Excellent timekeeping and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and the ability to plan own workload with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work autonomously, independently and flexibly within a team.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and good command of written and spoken English.
- Strong interpersonal skills including a proven ability to work effectively as a part of a team and an ability to relate to and work with students and staff at all levels.
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), and ability to use Outlook and the Internet competently.
- Experience of using of Zoom
- Ability to use a room booking system in an office environment
- Confidence to set up or learn to set up equipment such as projectors and microphones.
- Experience of working co-operatively as part of a team and supervising other staff.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment
- Experience and demonstrable ability to input data accurately.
- A commitment to the Minster Centre’s ethos and values.
- Friendly, professional manner, awareness and responsiveness to others and good personal presentation.
- A can-do and solution focused attitude
- An enthusiastic and flexible approach to work.
- Conscientious and diligent.
- Commitment to upholding confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting and to appreciate and respect diversity and difference.
- Empathy with the needs of teachers and students in a vocational therapeutic environment.
- Educated to at least A level or equivalent.
- Knowledge of academic structures, procedures and regulations.
- Zoom trained.
- Moodle trained.
- Ability to recognise and implement improved procedures.
- Experience of working setting up IT and sound equipment.
- Experience of working in a health related or training environment such a hospital clinic, GP surgery, college or university
- Awareness of psychotherapy and counselling.
- Use of Salesforce or another database.
- Use of Moodle
To apply please complete the attached application form.
We will continue to accept applications and hold interviews on a rolling basis, until we are able to appoint a successful candidate to the post. We recommend you submit your application at the earliest opportunity.
Apply for Reception & IT Support Officer, part time, 15-21 hours per week
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly