Senior Manager - Credit Rating Methodology Oversight (home working)
Senior Manager - Credit Rating Methodology Oversight
Location - Flexible UK/Remote working
Competitive - DRC c. ??600 - ??800
We have an exciting opportunity for a credit rating specialist to join our client, a financial services business with a large and growing fixed asset portfolio.
The successful candidate will take the lead on Credit Rating Methodologies in order to support investment activity and the management of portfolio risks; enabling a better understanding of these methodologies within the business, identifying key strengths and weaknesses, and presenting results/proposals to senior management.
- Assessment and development of new internal credit rating methodologies to support the expansion of investment activity into new asset classes, sectors and geographies;
- Providing SME input and challenge for the existing methodologies, including co-ordinating the annual review and assessment of the effectiveness of the same;
- Presenting findings to key governance forums and committees that span the approval of new investments, management of existing exposure and regulatory compliance;
- Liaising with Rating Agencies, the PRA and auditors/consultants on rating methodology related matters and acting as a focal point for related projects and requests; and
- Maintaining an awareness of the wider credit market environment, including changes in economic conditions or other external factors, and any associated trends in rating agency views or approaches.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
The successful candidate will possess significant experience of working with a range of credit rating methodologies, ideally gained from within a Rating Agency or a large financial institution.
- Strong understanding of scorecard-based rating approaches, including the ability to absorb the detail of unfamiliar asset types, their associated risks, and how these are reflected in the scorecard.
- A solid technical background, sufficient to grasp the main features of more complex rating methods (ie those typically based on internal bespoke models) and challenge more expert colleagues on whether the complexity is justified, learning more about bespoke client models as the role develops.
- The ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders with different specialisms.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, plan and adapt.
- Confidence to take the lead in discussions and take ownership where required, and present proposals to governance committees.
- A desire to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external contacts, in particular rating agencies and the PRA.
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact (see below).