Commercial Partnership Director - Partnership Markets, Open to flexible working
GlaxoSmithKline is one of the leading global healthcare companies, driven by innovation and scientific developments. Our mission is to improve the quality of life, enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. We conduct research aimed at improving the quality of life in three basic areas: Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. In our activities, we strive to be a responsible partner, building trust-based relations with healthcare system participants, focusing on dialogue and transparent cooperation.
In this newly created role, we're searching for a Commercial Partnership Director to take leadership in overseeing all partner interactions within our Partnership Markets and Europe Mid-Size Cluster (EMC) Region. You'll need to demonstrate strong commercial acumen, be an expert in business development, tackle all aspects of contract negotiation/management with ease and of course, have a track record in working with and managing commercial partners. This role spans across multiple EU markets and therefore prior experience and working knowledge (payer activities, pricing, access etc) of the Pharma landscape outside of the UK will be highly advantageous.
Reporting into the GM of Partnership Markets, this is a unique opportunity to drive the efficiency of GSK's commercial relationships and help our medicines reach the patients and consumers that rely on them the most! Join us on this mission and apply today!
- Deliver the Partnership Markets plan through effective oversight of all partners and co-ordination of internal Partnership Team resources.
- Working through Commercial Partnership Managers to build strong partnerships with all parties. Overseeing the terms set out in the partnerships (e.g. potentially PV, MA, CSO, medical field etc) with agreements and ensuring the cost associated with those agreements remain within budget.
- Sign off any renegotiation of partner agreements in collaboration with GM and Finance Lead.
- Sign off on demand planning and forecasting, discounts and rebates as appropriate.
- Lead regular performance reviews with Comm Partnership Managers to monitor progress / performance and identify and resolve any blocks/ issues.
- Encourage strong matrix team working between third parties and Partnership Team management.
- Ensure partners are executing the agreed promotional strategy cross all relevant Partnership Markets effectively.
- Accountable for partner compliance to GSK expectations and contractual agreements through partnership markets RMCB, being audit ready ensuring effective documentation of key decisions.
- Responsible for partner compliance risks in the Partnership Markets RMCB.
Basic Qualifications - We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BA or BSc level education
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders internally and external partners
- Broad commercial sales and marketing experience at a regional / cross country level and preferably EMC markets.
- Strong business and financial acumen and analytical skills.
- Experience in business development
- Contract management experience
- Solid understanding of EU environment and payer activities including pricing and access processes
- Track record in strong leadership of Internal control framework and implementation of governance frameworks
Preferred Qualifications - If you have any of the following characteristics ,it would be an advantage:
- Business related Sales/Marketing degree
- Extensive commercial experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech company.
- Experienced in Management of external partnerships at a regional level.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity!
Closing Date: 1st Oct 2020.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter will be used to assess your application. Please take the opportunity to download a copy of the job description when applying.
This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.