Clinical Research Director - Oral Health, Open to flexible working
Are you energized by the opportunity to partner with key leaders in global medical science to accelerate business performance and drive global operational support? If so, this Clinical Development Director opportunity could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As the Clinical Research Director for the Oral Health category, you will deliver medical/scientific excellence and dynamic leadership of clinical studies and other clinical evidence gathering activities conducted by GSK Consumer Healthcare in line with specific category/ sub-category project strategies.
You will provide leadership and support to cross-functional global category/ sub-category teams on clinical research, new opportunities/business development and R&D strategies. The role will require significant interaction with a number of internal teams including but not limited to Category and regional Medical Affairs, Clinical Operations, Statistics & Data Management as well as external groups/ individuals such as investigators/ academic researchers, Clinical Research Organizations and Health Care Practitioners to help achieve company objectives and to build GSK reputation.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Responsibility for clinical development leadership within category/sub-category teams ensuring that study programs and evidence generation activities are aligned, and support category innovation strategies approved by senior management.
- Working closely with the Senior Director, Clinical Research to adopt and implement novel research methodologies in line with ICH GCP, where appropriate, to generate clinical evidence for impactful claims in support of successful product launches, brand positioning and messaging.
- Overall responsibility for the design, implementation, reporting, interpretation, disclosure and publication of clinical studies detailed in research programs supporting consumer healthcare/category products and to ensure these are in compliance with external e.g. GCP, internal Medical Governance and other internal policy requirements.
- Delivering expert technical knowledge and leadership to the business in clinical development activities helping to ensure best practice and achievements of business objectives based on science and values.
- Responsibility for contributing medical/clinical content to regulatory submissions and other regulatory engagements and act as a key scientific interface on behalf of GSK CH with external parties including regulators, key experts and HCPs for clinical research activities.
- Working closely with the pre-clinical team to ensure pre-requisite data are available to progress clinical activities.
- Responsibility for supporting clinical/medical due diligence for external opportunities from a clinical research point of view.
- Keeping up to date with relevant therapeutic/ scientific literature and provide clinical expertise to facilitate preparation of clinical development and therapeutic strategies for all categories.
- Collaborating and co-ordinating with other groups (internal and external) to ensure that research is executed as designed, on time and within budget.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 4th October 2020
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- M.S. or MSc in Clinical Science or Medical/Dental (or equivalent)
- Significant clinical research experience in the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industry
- International experience, including background in Medical or Scientific Affairs
- Demonstrated experience and proven track record of delivering clinical development programs/clinical studies/clinical evidence gathering activities
- Demonstrated experience representing an organization with external stakeholders
- Demonstrated competent business acumen
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- PharmD, PhD, or MD
- Previous experience in a Consumer Healthcare / FMCH / Pharmaceutical business greatly preferred
- Previous experience within Oral Health is an advantage
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.