Global Medical Affairs Director, Cabotegravir (Prevention), Open to flexible working
**ViiV Healthcare Employees receive 100% of GSK's Total Rewards & Benefits
There are currently 200,000 people taking PrEP as an option in the US. The US Government believes that 1.2 million people would benefit from PrEP if they were at risk of becoming HIV positive and has a goal to reduce annual infections (38,000) by 75% by 2025 and 90% by 2030. While there are 38,000 new cases in the US annually, globally, there are 1.7M. In the US and the developed world, the challenge is largely a function of stigma that men who have sex with men experience; conversely, in places like Africa, the population most at risk is adolescents, girls and young women with a different set of challenges. With such a such a significant gap between those treated and those believed to benefit, there is a compelling opportunity for new innovation such as cabotegravir long-acting for prevention of HIV.
As the first injectable regimen for pre exposure prophylaxis for people at risk for HIV, this will require a significant change in approach by providers to integrate into their service delivery models. Moreover, a significant shift in mindset is needed with consumers to create action. This role will need to create innovative/disruptive content, tools and resources to create awareness and adoption by HCPs and consumers across the customer journey.
The Global Medical Director, PrEP is an exciting opportunity to serve as a scientific/medical expert on HIV therapy and prevention. Working with the Global Cabotegravir Medical Lead, this individual will develop and help deliver the Cabotegravir PrEP strategy and medical plan globally, including the US, by aligning internal and external scientific communications and across a range of external (HCPs including KOLs and speakers, payers, patients) and/or internal (global, medical information, commercial, legal, regulatory, compliance etc.) stakeholders. Specifically, this role is responsible for Global medical prevention strategy and planning, medical information resources, communication, training, and ISS management. The Global Medical Director will have experience with delivering, advocating for, and educating on HIV treatments or prevention and will therefore have experience with different opportunities and challenges.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following
- The Global Medical Director is responsible for the implementation and execution of Cabotegravir for PrEP medical strategy plan, spanning across the lifecycle of Cabotegravir from pre-launch to post-launch
- Develop and deliver medical strategy that supports the overall mission of Cabotegravir for PrEP, including collaboration with Global R&D, Commercial, Scientific Communications and Health Outcome groups.
- Provide direct expertise and facilitate medical scientific team expertise in Cabotegravir for PrEP to external experts (EE), physicians and other health care providers (HCPs) as well as utilizing their expertise to ensure development of Cab for PrEP
- Support advisory board execution
- Oversee and support ISS management for further understanding of Cabotegravir for PrEP
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and expertise in the external regulatory and ethical environment
- Build and maintain effective relationships with clinical, marketing, commercial, regulatory, compliance and legal to ensure the creation and delivery of scientifically accurate and compliant medical data.
- Establish, distribute and continuously refine a global medical communication plan to ensure consistency of communication across all regions in liaison with the Regional Medical Leads
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Doctoral level degree with focus in Infectious disease, HIV, Virology, or Immunology
- Minimum 5 years experience with HIV treatment or prevention
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- MD, PharmD, DNP
- Prior experience in the pharmaceutical industryand/or public health
- Previous interactions with Global and US based KOLs, HCPs, Regulatory agencies, and/or academic institutions
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple priorities and projects
- Self-starter and takes initiative to propose solutions to problems
- Strong customer orientation/focus
- Demonstrate excellent communication (both written and oral) and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively work in a multidisciplinary team; cultivate collaborative working relationships between global Medical Affairs and cross-functional team members
- Strong business acumen: knows the industry, key competitors, marketplace factors/dynamics
- Requires business travel for regular internal and external business meetings
Why ViiV Healthcare/GSK?
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk, governance and control, managing ambiguity and paradox.
- Managing individual performance.
- Creating a performance culture and driving results, prioritisation, execution, delivering performance.
- Setting strategic direction and leading on-going organisational transformation.
- Building a resilient organisation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration in service of common goals, engaging the organisation and building trusted external networks for mutual benefit.
- Managing P&L and capital allocation.
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at ViiV, please contact the ViiV Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
ViiV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
ViiV does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact ViiV's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to ViiV. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and ViiV. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of ViiV. ViiVshall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, ViiV may be required to capture and report expenses ViiV incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure ViiV's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.