Data Analyst (MDM), open to flexible working
GSK Consumer Healthcare (CH) are hiring 4 Data Analysts for work in a new Data Management organisation. The Data Analyst will work with both business and technical stakeholders to define and document data, integration and MDM requirements and support the rest of the team, including the MDM Information Architect to help document the MDM strategy, design and solution.
- Engage, manage, and work with a wide range of business and technical stakeholders to understand their objectives.
- Demonstrate a logical, rigorous, and analytical problem-solving approach.
- Gather and document data and data integration requirements for the MDM solution.
- Interview business and technical stakeholders to capture the functional requirements of the future MDM solution.
- Develop data policies and management processes.
- Monitor and audit data quality.
- Manipulate, analyse and interpret MDM related data sets.
- Collaborate with colleagues across relevant IT teams to understand data flows and the root cause. of data issues to reduce the frequency of inconsistent master and reference data.
- Support the MDM Information Architect in documenting the MDM Strategy and Design.
- Be a member of a growing team; help define and influence team culture & environment.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Experience in gathering data input, output and integration requirements for a data project.
- Experience in gathering and documenting functional requirements during a software development project.
- Familiar with relational database concepts such as primary and foreign keys, referential integrity, data types, uniqueness constraints.
- Familiar with Data Quality requirements and business rules covering uniqueness, completeness, consistency, timeliness.
- Familiar with Data Governance concepts such as ownership and stewardship.
- Familiar with a subset of Product, Customer, Finance or Vendor master data
- Experience with agile delivery (Scrum).
- Ability to analyse complex business processes, synthesize for leadership, and translate into details for technical teams.
- Analytical problem-solving approach.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage an array of information and collaborate with others to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal communication skills, while working independently.
- Able to serve as a liaison between both business and technical teams to drive effective, timely solutions.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Familiar with Master Data Management concepts such as matching and merging, survivorship rules, approval workflows
- Experience in gathering non-functional requirements for a software development project.
- Familiarity with MDM vendors and tools.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
Please ensure you apply before the 4th October 2020 to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.