Senior Manager - Project Management, Open to flexible working
1 day left
- Contract Type
The Programme Management team sits at the heart of EYs Financial Services Transformation Execution practice. The team leads multi-million pound transformation engagements for our clients. We bring together other disciplines across EY Consulting and the wider firm to deliver outcome focussed transformational change for our clients.
We are experiencing high demand for people with Agile and Digital transformation skills and are keen to meet people with experience in these areas and the following sectors:
- Wealth and Asset Management
- Capital Markets (with the flexibility to work across other banking sectors)
Our Programme Management team consists of deeply experienced and proven Financial Services professionals, who draw on their knowledge to help clients initiate, recover and manage large-scale programmes. The team specialises in leading business-critical change, whether it be business transformation, IT led or regulatory programmes.
Working closely with our clients in large organisations; we understand what is really important, offering points of view and advice, supporting them, building confidence and ultimately ensuring efficient delivery.
Through the vast experience our teams offer, we assess situations quickly, apply our thinking and improve the outcomes for our clients. We are looking to expand by recruiting people with an outstanding delivery background in Financial Services, who have the right attitude and commitment needed to work together on the very largest and most complex programmes in the industry.
Your key responsibilities
- Lead large multi-disciplinary teams to deliver transformational outcomes for our clients
- Manage and direct multiple stakeholder communities at varying levels of experiences and agenda’s and be responsible for overseeing the relationship
- Ensure that the engagement team’s client deliverables provide the outcome the client is seeking: and always on time and to quality
- Ensure effective execution through various delivery methodologies
- Adopt a pragmatic approach to issues that underpin client relationships and clearly demonstrate ‘building a better working world’ and the firms’ values
- Utilise existing relationships and develop new relationships to develop business opportunities
- Be the trusted advisor of clients and be seen in the marketplace and be recognised as a first-choice solutions provider
- Encourage individual growth through the creations of a teaming / collaborative environment and being a visible role model to more junior team members
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring staff
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting, retaining and training
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
Skills and attributes for success
- We are seeking leaders who can prove credibility with clients and EY teams, but who are also team players.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills are a given
- Highly flexible with a willingness to ‘get their hands dirty’ as well as providing strategic direction and leadership
- Bring FS knowledge, delivery leadership skills and experience to the client which they may not have access to internally
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Motivated and shows willingness to move career forward quickly through a variety of client interactions and assignments that will push and challenge you on a daily basis
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Professional delivery certification i.e. PMP, Prince 2 or relevant Agile certification such as PSM I, PSPO I, PSL I
- Large Scale delivery experience, in leadership roles (£10-£50m programmes); with Agile exposure a must, together with the flexibility to work across delivery methodologies; Likely to include working as a Programme Director/ Programme Manager Roles as well as Scrum Master, a Product Owner, or an Agile Coach.
- Significant experience of project and programme delivery and of providing consulting services large financial services organisation
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience of Agile at Scale i.e. Agile being used to deliver across multiple teams, business and IT
- Experience of Leadership in both Business and Technology led transfomation
What we look for
As a Senior Manager, delivery excellence comes as standard. You will find yourself leading Programmes and large projects for clients. You will use your experience and Financial Services knowledge to lead the shaping of initiation, advise on governance structures and mentor client leadership through the programme lifecycle.
In support of this we expect a strong background of successful end-to-end project delivery in blue-chip FS clients and a demonstrable passion for excellence. We expect our recruits to be ambitious and provide the opportunity for rapid career growth and promotion
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Please note: Prior to finalising your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!