Senior Manager – Financial Services, Open to flexible working
1 day left
- Contract Type
EY’s South West & Wales Financial Services practice has trebled in size since 2015. Based in Bristol, our Financial Services operation has enjoyed major business wins across Banking Capital Markets (BCM) and Insurance across the South West and Wales region.
With a huge welcome from our clients and increased demand from the local financial services market, the South West & Wales office in Bristol is looking to recruit a Senior Manager with Insurance or Banking experience, to join their Senior Management team.
Are you someone who has been operating at an experienced Manager level and have not got the progression you wanted? Or are you looking to relocate, or do you want to be part of an exciting growth story?
Senior Manager Client Accountabilities
- To maintain and develop a portfolio of clients and advise on strategic issues by understanding the needs of the client, therefore being recognised as a trusted business advisor.
- Significant involvement in developing and delivering all services to clients.
- Use in-depth knowledge of the client to anticipate and address complex issues.
- Identify areas of risk within clients' businesses, define the appropriate audit approach, know when to refer upwards and apply judgment by effective risk appraisal of all work targeted and undertaken.
- Win work by proactively managing existing clients and targeting new audit and non-audit clients.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of current auditing techniques.
- Establish a strong network internally and externally and be regarded as having a strong impact and personally credible.
- Focus on Business Development by identifying and converting opportunities to sell work.
Senior Manager People responsibilities
- Pro-active leader of teams, ensure team members are properly managed and motivated and ensure staff needs, including training and development, are identified and acted upon.
- Portrays a clear sense of vision and direction and promotes the Firm's core values.
- Creates a climate of high performance in the team take pride and produce outstanding effort and dedication.
- Is able to challenge
- Align personal motivation/inspiration of others with our strategy.
- Drive and lead in cooperation between teams by sorting out issues such as time, money, information flow, structure and competencies.
- ACA / ACCA / CPA / CA (ICAEW, ICAS or equivalent international awarding body) - preferably first time passes
- Degree qualified (or equivalent), ideally in a business discipline taught in English
- Boast technical and industry sector expertise – specifically, experience in auditing Financial Services clients, particularly in the Banking sector. Insurance experience is also a desirable.
- Experience of operating as an experienced Manager or Senior Manager level, in the banking industry, with a firm understanding of regulation in an audit context.
- Able to demonstrate Business Development capability.
- Team and peer leadership skills.
- Demonstrate successful relationship management of sizeable clients/projects (e.g. sizeable complex publicly listed companies).
Who we are?
EY is committed to be an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.