Global Product Director - Net Revenue Management, Open to flexible working
GSK Consumer Health has ambition to be the world's leading pure play Consumer Healthcare company. The relationship between wellness and technology is deepening as a digitally native generation look for new ways to empower themselves and their wellbeing. To win in this dynamic marketplace we must a) serve the needs of our consumers in our local markets better than the competition; b) drive growth and profitability through customer and shopper in and across markets across all channels; c) win in the market to influence experts who help recommend our products to consumers.
The goal for the sales and commercial organization is to drive growth and profitability through customer and shopper in and across markets across all channels, while ensuring consistent and coherent commercial execution, by helping the market manage their business in an efficient and effective way.
With regards to this, we are looking for a Product Director to join our Customer Product Family to design, develop and deliver products to support our net revenue management activities, with very significant emphasis on trade investment & promotions. The role is focused on building easy, simple, powerful tools to support our key account managers, NRM specialists, pricing analysts and sales management in planning, executing and evaluating trade investments. In this role you will lead the global tech strategy and product ownership to deliver the desired business outcomes in 100+ markets.
You will have an agile mindset and have the experience of leading concepts and ideas through discovery, design, delivery and in-life phases. You will know how to focus a team (both internal and external) on priorities, when to scale and when to stop working on something. This is no easy task and will require proven ability of leading product strategy that can unlock significant business value against a backdrop of accelerating digital disruption and organisational change.
In turn we promise to create the environment for you to do the very best and rewarding work of your career. The role is rare in that the scope for you to make an impact is very real and you will interface significantly with colleagues across our global company on one of the most commercially significant and high visibility areas within the business. This is an excellent time to be joining a highly successful market leader in the healthcare industry as it develops best-in-class CPG practices, and to drive significant technology change across the organisation.
- Create and own the trade investment technology strategy and roadmap and prioritise building what matters most to achieve the strategic goals and initiatives behind the products. Accountable for the technical delivery of products within remit.
- Set the right product culture within your team and help drive continuous improvement in our product & agile ways of working.
- Build strong cross functional partnerships with key business stakeholders and business owners. Create buy-in and alignment around key priorities and value propositions.
- Provide input into product design and architecture, aligning across the GSK Tech organisation in particular on initiatives in master data management, demand planning, forecasting and sales reporting
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding.
- Accountable for ensuring all products within remit are compliant with internal security, risk management policies and practices, external regulatory and statutory requirements e.g. GxP, SARBOX and that Tech continuity plans are in place for all business-critical products.
- Follow GSK standards on processing and security of data. Follow PII needs and protocols as per GSK Global, regional and local practices.
- Accountable for ensuring the right service levels are in place and maintained in line with business needs and appropriate responses made to Voice of the Process and Voice of the Customer.
- Manage change activity, including Software as a Service delivered change, into the production service in a complaint and efficient manner.
- Accountable for line management and ongoing career development, coaching and feedback for GSK employees (~2-5). Accountable for the management of augmented/contingent workers and strategic suppliers as required.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Experience as a Senior Manager/Director of Product, plus experience in digital Product Management.
- Solid understanding of trade promotions/investment activities, and commercial and sales business processes, ideally in multiple markets and ideally in markets with different go-to-market models (eg both direct and indirect, modern and general trade).
- Strong product strategy and product leadership skills, with excellent roadmap skills
- Demonstrated experience of delivering measurable business value, focusing on speed-to-value and enabling of measurable business outcomes
- Solid experience of agile development in enterprise environments, working with SaaS solutions and SIs to regularly deliver incremental value
- A strong technology understanding/ability to communicate with development, solution architecture and data teams to lead their and your own team through to delivering the best possible products.
- Experience in data-intensive and data-driven environments will be a distinct advantage
- Exposure to advance analytics and reporting and familiarity with AI/ML approaches will be beneficial
- Excellent experience in working with internal stakeholders to understand user needs & pain points and in develop global deployment strategy and end-user product adoption and engagement.
- Ability to work in close partnership with IT functions such as security, compliance, infrastructure
- Proven ability to develop others and developing your team to perform to the highest standards.
- Excellent communication & collaboration skills with an ability to gain the respect/buy-in from your stakeholders
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience in CPG/FMCG strongly preferred, or other relevant organisations with significant emphasis on trade promotions and net revenue management.
- MS/MBA Degree preferred
Interested in Joining the Team?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
Please ensure you apply before the 7th October 2020 to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.