Senior Project Manager, MA&D, Open to flexible working
Leadership and delivery of large M,A&D projects or a program on behalf of senior partners and service owners, comprising multiple parallel work streams and multiple corporate objectives.
- Leadership of M,A&D project (whilst overall accountability is retained by M,A&D Portfolio Director)
- Program Team leadership and direction, whilst ensuring quality, time and scope objectives are met (including compliance with policies, law and published procedures)
- Supplier management, including specification of requirements, results, statements of work
- Partner/customer relationship management and communications
- Supervising and reporting on the status of projects, issues, risks, resources, quality and schedules
- Financial and budget management of assigned projects, objectives and work streams
- Coordination and supervision of assigned Core Tech delivery teams
- Customer concern support for assigned resources and suppliers, including facilitation of resolution for incidents, issues and mitigation of risks
- Ensuring all assigned work packages, objectives and projects align with project governance procedures, Core Tech policy, Programme Office requirements and best project management practices
- Leads multiple M,A&D projects and work packages in parallel, potentially supporting multiple separate business units, customers and partners in parallel
- Controls high levels of parallel activity with significant numbers of internal and external dependencies
- Ensures compliance with all required regulatory, control and quality management processes
- Co-ordination with respective GSK vendors and central Core Tech teams to execute divestment and/or integration Infrastructure workstream responsibilities.
- Lead and execute the communication plan.
- Participate in various governance calls driven by PMO, IMO partners and provide status of overall workstream, risks, issues etc.
- Lead multiple transitions including experience handling people, processes, and technologies through driven periods of the project full-life cycles.
- Recommends and leads intelligent risk taking, with high visibility and with a clear willingness to be held accountable
- Supports leadership address high risk, high impact situations with clear analysis, high clarity and a sense of partnership, even if faced with significant adversity or major obstacles
- High resourcefulness in resolving and removing strategic obstructions and difficulties, so as to achieve the best strategic results in a timely manner
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree
- PRINCE2/PMP and PTP Basic
- Experience leading (or in a key leadership role for) a large Program of Projects in a corporate environment
- Program Management: Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) Certified Practitioner (or equivalent experience)
- Regulated Industry: Quality or Compliance related exposure in a highly supervised or controlled industry
- Pharmaceutical experience, R&D, or Quality Control/Assurance
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Agile Capabilities
- Lean Sigma
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.