Global Media Relations & Social Media- Corporate Communications & Issues Management
The BMC function has an important role to play in helping to achieve EY’s Vision 2020 ambition to become the leading global professional services organization. We work hand in hand with the business to take services and solutions to market; bring our purpose, building a better working world, to life for our people, clients and communities; engage our people and build a high performing culture; and to build the commercial value and emotional resonance of the EY brand.
BMC is led globally by Karen Hopkins. The function is made up of around 2,000 professionals, working across the Executive and Regions in the following areas of specialism: Brand; Marketing; PR/Media Relations & External Communications; Internal Communications &Employee Engagement; Corporate communications.
BMC also includes a number of teams who are responsible for content development, editorial, webcasts, events-staging, strategy, planning and operations. Through the collective power of BMC, and the other teams and specialists we work with, we aim to build a better working world by driving commercial value through distinctive marketing and communications that deliver measurable market impact.
Function: Brand, Marketing & Communications (BMC)
Sub Function: Global Media Relations and Social Media
Job Rank: Associate Director
EY is seeking an experienced and strategic PR and social media professional to join its award-winning Global Media Relations and Social Media team. This dynamic and high-profile role will specifically support global issues, cross-EY global programs and global spokespeople within EY.
The ideal candidate is a strategic media advisor, with the gravitas, communications and advisory skills to counsel senior global stakeholders on high-level, cross border issues and other corporate and strategic communications priorities. The individual is confident, skilled and adept at counselling senior leaders, managing complexity, navigating a cross cultural landscape and a varied and busy range of priorities, programs and issues. The individual will also support key global leaders with their external profile and business priorities. The individual will be able to forge trusted relationships within the EY global PR network of media relations professionals across EY, working closely with priority or hot countries to help them support global programs and deliver on EY priorities.
The candidate enjoys working on a mix of strategic, high-level programs; providing strategic and practical PR and social media support on all major campaigns, reports, thought leadership and events – inputting on both organic and paid approaches. S/he has deep experience in managing high profile and complex issues, in addition to strong storytelling and writing skills.
Your key responsibilities
- Provide excellent counsel and management of high-profile issues. Coach and support PR and legal representatives and business leaders to successfully manage their issues as warranted.
- Support key global leaders across EY and the Global Brand, Marketing and Communications team with priority programs, initiatives, reports and events – such as WEF, World Entrepreneur Of The Year, the EY European Attractiveness Survey, others, as needed. Position key global executives as specialists on key industry issues and hot topics by proactively identifying opportunities for comment or pitching reports and placing op-eds/comment pieces.
- Work across time zones and coordinate across the EY network of experienced PR professionals including: sharing best practice; promoting EY leaders in local markets; exploring efficiencies for the group such as shared media monitoring and training across.
- Develop impactful PR, social programs and ideas that are provocative, shape the dialogue and drive brand favourability.
- Increase the EY share of voice on relevant topics and themes in global media as well as on social media.
- Write, commission, edit or review blogs, op-eds, announcements, social media posts, etc; identify media opportunities; create measurement reports as needed.
Skills and attributes for success
- A critical thinker, strong team player, comfortable working collaboratively, virtually and independently.
- Extensive experience in managing complex issues and advising senior leadership on a day-to-day basis.
- Excellent writing and ability to pull together strategic PR plans and materials as needed.
- Adaptable individual with high degree of emotional intelligence that can sense direction, confirm and change course as needed.
- A full range of PR and social media skills and happy to work in an agile/flexible way.
To qualify for the role you must have
- PR and social media experience working in-house or within an agency, with direct experience managing highly visible, complex issues along with major international PR campaigns, including integrated social media strategies.
- Ability to counsel senior leadership, work in a matrixed and complex, fast-paced environment.
- Accuracy and attention to detail; reliability.
- An ability to work with complex, technical or specialist content.
- Willingness and ability to work independently or collaboratively and to have a clear sense of escalation needs and sense of urgency on issues or projects.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience working in a PR role either in an agency or in-house.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity, as this role will involve daily interaction with people in countries around the globe.
- A self-starter with a “can do” attitude and the drive to get the job done; the potential to develop within the organization.
- A passion for current affairs and business news and ideally have past experience of working within PR, social media and communications.
What we look for
We’re looking for a high energy individual who embraces change and innovation in order to ensure that we can continue to deliver world-class PR and social media initiatives in an ever-changing environment.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.