Manager, Business Consulting, Finance - Digital Finance (Public Finance), Open to flexible working
2 days left
- Contract Type
Are you looking for a rewarding career where you can make a real difference to peoples’ lives through the improvement of public services? We are looking for individuals who are passionate about the public sector and able to utilize digital finance skills to deliver tangible change.
Digital Finance Consulting at EY works with clients to address mission critical issues for the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Finance Directors (FD), creating value and delivering world-class future finance capabilities. At Digital Finance Consulting, we are trusted advisors who collaborate with our clients to build a better working world.
An area where we do this best is public sector finance by enabling transformation across Government & Public Sector through using new technologies and building finance capabilities to improve public services, deliver better outcomes for citizens and realise benefits. We focus on supporting some of the most high profile and nationally critical programmes across healthcare, local government, central government and defence sectors that make a real difference to our working world. We are looking for talented individuals to join our growing team.
Your key responsibilities
You will build strong relationships within government organisations working with them to understand their most critical business problems and priorities, leading and consulting with your EY peers to evaluate, design, and deliver solution options that leverage cutting edge technologies.
You will lead and motivate high performing, diverse engagement teams - aligned to EY’s values of delivering exceptional client service to prepare our clients for a digital future.
Skills and attributes for success
We are looking for professionals who are great communicators, team players, relationship builders with a real desire to learn.
Professional in your approach, you will have a natural ability to establish personal credibility with clients. You will also be highly organised, capable of coordinating your own workload and that of other team members, meeting deadlines, proactively managing risks and delivering quality outcomes.
A role model to those around you, you will live the values of the Firm daily, coaching and supporting the development of others.
You will add measurable value to your clients by delivering work that addresses their biggest problems and priorities, including the need to:
- Conduct accelerated finance diagnostic, maturity assessment and benchmarking
- Bring in financial expertise and advice to wider programmes of change
- Helping to navigate the complicated world of public sector finance by having a good understanding of public sector finances
- Derive innovative solutions to complex problems from a financial perspective
- Help organisations understand and strengthen their financial resilience
- Identify drivers of financial change and opportunities for long term sustainability and stability
- Upskill government finance professionals in house with knowledge sharing sessions and combined EY-client teams
- Support high spend and high profile decision making by collaborating and developing business cases
- Support the delivery of large scale transformation programmes within the public sector.
What we look for
Core consulting skills:
- Client Value and Trust – adding client value and being able to come up with design solutions
- Engagement Essentials – solving complex problems, managing projects, having a commercial awareness, applying methods and delivering with excellence
- Leveraging Technology – using various software such as Blackline and Anaplan to deliver client solutions
- Emotional Intelligence and Innovation – leveraging emotional intelligence and innovation in overcoming complex client situations
- Communication and Curiosity – being able to clearly and concisely communicate EY solutions, whilst always maintaining and inquisitive nature both internally and externally
- Transformative Leadership – inclusive leadership, teaming and collaboration
- Adopt “digital” ways of working to increase flexibility and accelerate delivery:
- Plan, design, and execute design-led thinking process re-engineering workshops
- Client management
- Analysis, presentation and facilitation
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Demonstrable experience working in or with public sector finance
- Experience of delivering change programmes within a finance function
- Proven ability to manage and develop teams
- Proven ability to engage, manage and build relationships
- Strong technical insight
- Practical knowledge, and capability in your specialist field
- Proven ability to adapt and learn in an innovative environment
- Experience in supporting decision making within your organisation
Ideally you would have:
- A valid professional accounting qualification
You should also be able to exhibit:
- Ability to create solutions to technical problems
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to storyboard and create high quality outputs
- Excellent problem solving, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Track record of line managing teams, including coaching and developing staff
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working, career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging and experienced colleagues in the market place
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver exceptional client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consultancy services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.