Senior Consultant, IT Internal Audit, FS, Open to flexible working
The rapid evolution of technology and the risks related to this regularly make headline news. The potential financial and reputational impact from threats ranging from external cyber-attacks to internal rogue trading and high-profile data losses makes the need for technology assurance an item of Board level concern. As an IT Internal Audit Senior Consultant you’ll be helping our clients gain the comfort they and their stakeholders (including regulators) require, whilst simultaneously gaining skills to develop a career in a fast growing professional services organisation. That will mean combining your technical knowledge of IT and data risks and controls with your client facing experience to work with EY staff of all grades to provide clients with the assurance and recommendations for improvement they need. Working with some of the world’s most prestigious Financial Service (FS) organisations you will be an integral part of our Technology Risk team within EY’s Business Consulting practice.
As a Senior Consultant you will be a key member of our growing FS IT Internal Audit team and you’ll have the opportunity to focus on the delivery of internal audits related to IT and data risks. Working closely with a range of clients you will help them deliver their annual internal audit plans addressing key IT and data risks. This can include the delivery of audits related to IT governance & strategy; data governance; cyber security; data privacy and security; operational resilience (including business continuity and IT resilience); cloud computing and other emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence and robotics. This is within a flexible and dynamic team environment providing you with a wealth of opportunities for personal growth and development.
We’re currently growing our IT Internal Audit capability in response to increasing market demand and this opportunity provides you with the chance to join a dynamic, diverse and rapidly evolving team focussed on adding value to our client’s internal audit functions.
Your key responsibilities
As part of our commitment to flexible working, you will manage your time between working on client site and in our offices, as a member of our highly skilled engagement teams. You will work alongside our Senior Managers and Managers on a number of high-profile clients undertaking various internal audit engagements. These engagements are focussed on strengthening processes and controls around big emerging issues relating to technology and data risks.
Skills and attributes for success
- Learning about EY, our clients and their IT landscape, including their adoption of cloud, use of Artificial Intelligence and Robotic Process Automation
- Working on client engagements and attending client meetings to identify risks, test controls and provide an opinion on their design and/or operating effectiveness
- High quality outcomes and deliverables underpinned by a keen attention to detail
- Assisting in the project management of internal audit engagements
- Building relationships with colleagues across the business, supporting them and promoting a collaborative and inclusive culture
- Getting involved with industry research and client thought leadership
To qualify for the role you must have
A strong academic background and demonstrable experience in a number of the following areas:
- IT internal audit, gained ideally either within a professional services consulting role or from being part of a successful and dynamic Internal Audit function within a major financial institution or blue-chip industry firm
- Track record of additional experience in the delivery of large-scale IT risk and control related engagements to quality, time and cost expectations, including:
- IT external audit support comparable to our Financial Audit IT (FAIT) solution
- IT third party reporting (e.g. SOC1, AAF 01/06 (or 01/20), SOC2)
- IT elements of regulatory reviews (e.g. S166, client money, Sarbanes Oxley)
- Delivery of audits covering a broad range of IT and data risks such as third-party risk management, operational resilience, cyber security and change programmes
- Supporting the delivery of end to end client engagements with experience encompassing scoping, financial management, managing delivery risk, and producing quality deliverables
- FS industry knowledge and a sound understanding of the FS technology landscape
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Understanding of UK and EMEIA FS regulatory environment
- Recognised professional qualification such as CIA, CISA, CISM, CISSP
What we are looking for
You’ll be a trusted business advisor to our clients, specialising within the IT Internal Audit field, so they’ll look to you to ask and answer the questions nobody else has asked yet and then develop and execute an effective service. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer an attractive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most experienced and engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexible working environment to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- Defined career paths, investment in formal Learning & Development, career mobility opportunities, and a clear focus on fostering a diverse and inclusive culture
At EY, our purpose is building a better working world. The insights and quality services we provide build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. We bring diverse ideas, backgrounds and mindsets together. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.