Finance Business Partner - Strategy, Open to flexible working
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry. Arthur Guinness, Alexander Walker and all those many talented people that followed in their footsteps, cared deeply about the people and businesses they fostered, and the communities in which they operated. Today we stand on the shoulders of these giants and act with the same entrepreneurial spirit. We are a company born of an incredible entrepreneurial legacy. The success of Guinness®, Smirnoff®, Johnnie Walker®, Tanqueray® and many more brands led to the formation of our company in 1997. And we only thrive today because of the talent of our people to grow our brands, old and new, and keep them strong.
Our purpose, celebrating life, every day, everywhere means that our brands are part of celebrations big and small. We believe that living our purpose in full is to make the most of life - to be the best you can be at work, at home, with friends, in the community. Diageo's culture is built and maintained by the five values that underpin its business and guide how Diageo works. At Diageo, employees are passionate about its customers and consumers and want to be the best. They give each other the freedom to succeed and value each other. Employees work hard so they can be proud of what they do and how they do it. While Diageo moves at pace, constantly evolving and improving, its values remain consistent and our performance ambition clearly articulates our commitment to do business in the right way, from grain to glass.
Dimensions of the role
This role is part of Global Supply Chain and Procurement Organisation, specifically part of the Global Transformation & Strategy Finance team.
Annual cost base of ~£4.3bh across P&L and Balance Sheet.
Working with across 28 Diageo global market regions on transformation, investment & strategic projects.
This role requires an external business lens as well as multi-cultural and time zone awareness.
Purpose of Role
- Strategic partner for assigned Strategy & Transformation initiatives provide sophisticate quantitative analysis, advance modelling, scenario planning and strong commercial decision support that translates into actionable insights.
- Fully flexible resource covering a breath of initiatives including value creation, Sustainability evaluations, Capex appraisals, Global digital investments and global strategic initiatives
- Bring external benching & competitor insight to the table to support acceleration of the performance ambition.
- Work closely and collaboratively with group strategy to support delivery of our performance ambition
- Promote a strong cadence on project reporting, ensuring we have a fully joined up end to end financial plan
- For Global scope projects, ensure consistent financial reporting & evaluation across multiple markets & local project team
- Responsible for shaping, managing, and executing a project or work stream with our stakeholders, analysing its results and presenting the insights to leaders.
- Lead and contribute to complex and time-critical projects for senior leaders by quickly understanding context and developing a prioritized scope and approach for resolution in ambiguous situations.
- Develop board presentation materials
- Promote a robust control environment ensuring compliance with CARM. Constantly strive to improve accounting & control processes and champion the Code of Business Conduct.
- Continually strive to improve, standardise and codify financial best practice
- Work collaboratively to ideate and develop creative solutions to ensure seamless business and project integration
- Influence and challenge leaders at all levels across the business to ensure the right level of rigour and due diligence on strategic project recommendations
- Provide world class analytics and financial modelling to drive timely and efficient investment decision making
- Grow and sustain a strong cross functional network to support data gathering & information validation from subject matter experts