Assistant Director, German or Italian Speaker, Open to flexible working
Assistant Director (Alternative Capital Solutions), German or Italian Speaker
The Debt & Capital Advisory team is an integral part of Deloitte's Financial Advisory practice, providing independent advice and world class execution across the full spectrum of debt markets through the Firm's global network. Deloitte Debt Advisory are a team of 200 debt professionals globally, comprising ~70 professionals in the UK, making them one of the largest teams operating in the UK and almost certainly the largest globally.
In any given year, in the UK Deloitte Debt Advisory close circa. 50 transactions. The deal flow the team are exposed to give them a good read on what is available within the debt markets and where best to source capital. The business has grown at roughly 20% per year every year since inception twelve years ago, and has maintained the original ‘start-up’ mentality throughout that period. Deloitte Debt and Capital Advisory has direct access to over 300 global lenders (banks, direct lenders, institutional, family office, special situations and specialist funds).
We are seeking to expand and are always interested to speak to talented individuals with relevant financial experience.
This role is particularly focussed on Debt Advisory’s growing Alternative Capital Solutions team, which is the market leader for complex mid-market debt raising transactions with alternative lenders and has a very strong profile in the market. The team of 10 raises debt capital for borrowers across Europe in complex situations from banks and alternative lenders including:
- higher leveraged situations
- growth capital
- unloved sectors by banks
- stressed or distressed capital raisings
- complex jurisdictions.
The Alternative Capital Solutions team is also responsible for the Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker, which is the leading publication on the European alternative lending market and circulated to over 10,000 market participants on a quarterly basis .
Your role within this exciting team will be to assist clients achieve their funding objectives which will incorporate a wide range of debt engagements including advice on optimal capital structures, negotiating new money fundraisings, refinancing and restructuring existing debt facilities.
For further information about the Debt Advisory team please see our website.
We operate across all sectors and we are currently looking for an Assistant Director.
- Working on a range of debt advisory projects with regular interaction with clients, banks, advisors and other service lines
- Assisting with day to day management of transaction processes, including the preparation of lender information packs, management presentations, financial analysis and client communications
- Industry/company research for both deal origination and transaction analysis
- Financial modelling, including analysing business forecasts, evaluating scenario analysis and covenant calculations
- Preparation of high level Heads of Terms / Short form term sheets for discussion with clients and the subsequent negotiation thereof with potential lenders
- Contribution to marketing and business development activities
- To have a broad perspective of debt market trends
- Managing the preparation of the Deloitte Alternative Lender Deal Tracker
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
- Fluent in spoken and written German or Italian language
- Leveraged finance background either within a bank, non-bank institution or competitor debt advisory firm
- Track record of having originated and executed transactions with private equity backed and / or and private companies
- Significant experience in debt structuring, credit analysis and financial modelling
- Experience of having negotiated term sheets / legal documentation
- Experience in having led / oversee junior team members
- Professional qualification (e.g. CFA, ACT) would be a plus
- Additional language skills are preferred (particularly Italian, German, Spanish, or Nordic languages)
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 178876