Pensions Executive - UK&I - HR, Open to flexible working
6 days left
- Contract Type
An exciting opportunity to join our pensions team
To assist and support the Pensions Management team in ensuring the effective stewardship and governance of Ernst and Young’s (EY’s) UK legacy pension arrangement (trust based DB/DC) and act as dedicated resource in providing secretariat services to the Trustee Board.
Your key responsibilities
- To assist the Secretary to the Trustee in the management of all matters relating the operational management of the Trustee Board
- To assist the Secretary to the Trustee in the management of Trustee Board and sub-committee meeting cycles - planning agendas, collating papers, minute production and recording actions.
- To ensure the robust framework of governance, controls and risk management.
- Working closely with colleagues, and the third-party administrators, ensuring professional delivery of services to members and to the Board in accordance with best practice.
- Being a central point of contact to deal with (and refer on as necessary) enquiries from members, and to offer professional technical expertise to internal colleagues, include the Talent Function.
- To assist in the development and production of member communications, including booklets, newsletters, DC Governance Statement and any other pension communication, ensuring their content is accurate and to a high standard.
- To assist the Trustee in the consideration of discretionary benefit decisions and provide recommendations to the Governance Sub-Committee as appropriate.
- To ensure proficient monitoring of the Trustee budget and cost control. Ensuring invoices are processed in a timely manner.
- To support the Secretary to the Trustee in managing the Trustee’s ongoing compliance obligations relating to the regulatory bodies and EY’s Independence policy.
- Providing input in the development, maintenance and delivery of the Business Plan, including monitoring delivery against projects (previous examples have included a review of DC investment strategy, internal audit programmes and review of service providers).
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to effectively organise their own workload and meet deadlines with a very strong attention to detail.
- Good relationship management and interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of internal and external contacts and stakeholders, including pension plan members.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (both verbal & written) and a high level of self-confidence and motivation are essential.
To qualify for the role you must have
- At least 3 years pensions experience preferably from an in-house or third-party scheme governance environment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience of Microsoft Project will also be desirable.
- Progression towards the Pension Management Institute Qualification is preferred and assistance will be given to complete ongoing professional studies.
What we look for
An individual who can support the Pensions Management team in ensuring the effective stewardship and governance of Ernst and Young’s (EY’s) UK legacy pension arrangement (trust based DB/DC) and act as dedicated resource in providing secretariat services to the Trustee Board.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.