HR Business Partner - Malt Distilling, Open to flexible working
Diageo Supply Chain and Procurement manufactures, packages and delivers finished product to Diageo’s 21 markets worldwide. Scotch whisky currently accounts for 70% of Diageo’s growth and the availability of adequate maturing whisky stocks are critical to the future success of the business.
The Distilling & Maturation division has responsibility for production of c.200mla per annum malt & grain whisky, associated barley requirements, co-products and warehouse operations across Scotland.
The remit of the Malt Distilling HR Business Partner role includes: 29 Distilleries, 4 Maltings, Bio Energy, Effluent Treatment Plants, Central Technical Team, 4 Engineering Centres and the Manufacturing Excellence team for Malt Distilling. The role holder will partner with 2 Operations Directors to lead and drive forward the HR agenda, covering an employee base of circa. 550 employees.
At Diageo, there are two core assets that drive growth across our business: our brands and our people. They drive one another. The HR Function sits at the heart of this.
As Business Partners, our role is to ensure we have the right conditions in place to develop and release the potential of our talent; our leaders and their teams. We are there to challenge and support in equal measure; to help strategically shape the future organisation to deliver the biggest possible performance outcomes.
The purpose of the role is to lead a team that is agile, connected and accountable partner to the (one of the teams above) team enabling growth and performance through focussing on the five pillars of our Global HR Strategy:
Continuous Learning, Disruptive Approach to Talent, Inclusion & Diversity, Speed, Focus & Simplicity & Fulfilling Employee Experiences for the Diageo Supply Chain & Procurement Business.
You will report into the HR Business Partner for Distillation & Maturation.
Your accountabilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Partnering with leadership team of the site(s), Global CoEs, Finance teams and Shared Services to ensure we maximize value for organisation and deliver against our financial metrics
- Leading the people agenda and leveraging our global Centres of Excellence and shared service colleagues
- Being part of the Diageo Supply Chain and Procurement HR function which operates in a joined up, agile and collaborative way to create consistent impact across the whole of Diageo Supply Chain and Procurement
Your qualifications and capabilities:
- Degree in HR plus several years of experience with a focus on business partnering, ideally in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to creates impact at scale in the function
- Bring thought leadership to the development of the Organisation and People Strategy into the function across all strategic levers
- Look past the financial year on how to bring the future forward
- Work actively on interdependencies and across Diageo to bring greater value to functional plans
- Collaborate and influence across a variety of stakeholders at all levels, resulting in strong and positive outcomes
- Build and maintain genuine relationships based on mutual trust and respect
- Excel when dealing with ambiguity, complexity and working within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and matrixed environment
- Ability to understand and drive insights from HR data, analysing to measure impacts, assess OE plans, diagnose trends and link to business performance outcomes
- Deep personal accountability for great performance
- Look beyond role specific priorities to contribute to the overall Diageo Supply Chain and Procurement HR function
Moray House, Elgin
Moray House preferred location, however other locations will be considered
Sounds exciting to you? Then we should talk. Apply now!