Finance Systems Senior Associate, Open to flexible working
Working to support the Finance Manager group, this is an excellent opportunity to get involved in month-ends, budgets and supporting the various business leaders across the firm. This role is aligned to the CBS Service Group (Indirects). It provides an excellent training experience for those who wish to progress to become a Finance Manager.
The CBS Finance Team consist of a Head of Finance and a number of Finance Managers and Management Accountants split by CBS function and geography. We work closely with the CBS Function teams.
Your key responsibilities
- Working with the relevant Finance Managers to provide financial support and control for a portfolio of CBS functions
- Preparing, reporting, analysing and providing constructive commentary on weekly, monthly and YTD results and performance against Plan
- Communicating effectively with the Finance Managers and the Business by sharing and interpreting information that will help to improve business performance
- Direct interaction with the CBS Function leaders to ensure that financial controls are being consistently applied and that unusual or weak performance is identified and challenged
- Involvement with the detailed budgeting process
- Look for ways to improve our approach and processes
- Given the varied exposure, the role may entail travel to other EY offices to meet with the CBS Indirects Finance team and the relevant CBS teams
- Dealing with ad hoc finance queries
Skills and attributes for success
- Confident and able to build strong relationships at management/partner levels
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Able to challenge and articulate opinions succinctly and persuasively
- Commercial approach and ability to demonstrate clear business understanding
- Relevant financial experience from an accountancy or internal finance function
- Proven analytical skills and strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to manage their own time and to manage the expectations of numerous stakeholders
- Commitment to developing self, desire to make the role their own
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate financial information across a wide range of users
To qualify for the role you must have
- Ability to apply knowledge or take a fresh perspective to solve complex problems and issues that arise
- Time and project management skills – able to plan and manage time effectively and flex up and down to deal with key priorities
- Ability to interact well with people at all levels within the firm
- Strong IT skills – Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint
- Highly organised with a sound attention to detail and an ability to deliver to deadlines
- Part Qualified Accountant who is actively studying with a view to becoming fully qualified
- Seeking to progress their career to become a Finance Manager
Ideally, you’ll also have
- An enthusiastic, can do approach and be a strong team player
- The ability to juggle conflicting demands on time and prioritise effectively
- The ability to pre-empt deadlines and pursue colleagues for relevant information
- A desire to embrace and drive change whilst identifying and supporting process improvements and demonstrating best practice
- Ability to learn new processes and skills quickly
- The ability to work well unsupervised and use initiative where required
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.