Communications Assistant - North Region - UK&I - BMC, Open to flexible working
We are looking for a communications professional – based in one of our North regional offices (Manchester or Leeds or Hull or Newcastle or Liverpool) – who is ready to establish themselves in a new role delivering across both internal communications and media relations in one of the world’s largest international professional services firms.
You will report into the Communications Manager whom you will be working closely with to support communications activity across the North region, which is inclusive of five offices: Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Newcastle and Hull.
Your key responsibilities
The successful candidate will provide full support for both internal and external communications activity across the five offices. This will involve mining for stories from within the business and turning these into innovative and creative campaigns that will appeal to our people and local media.
Working across all our service lines locally – Assurance, Consulting, Tax and Strategy and Transactions (SaT) – you need to be able to demonstrate that you have the intellectual rigour and flair to make complex and technical subject matter more easily understandable and compelling to the audiences they are aimed at.
You will work on a varied portfolio to support integrated campaigns and communications activities that support our brand and purpose. You will establish and deliver new internal communications channels as well as maintaining and contributing to existing channels. You will also support local media campaigns and have the ability to manage priorities and flex your writing style to suit both internal and external audiences.
You will be expected to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, such as regional partners, marketing and business development teams and local media.
Skills and attributes for success
- Excellent writing skills are essential, coupled with accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong communication, organisational and time management skills
- Understanding and/or keen interest in internal communications – event management, newsletter production, people engagement tools
- Understanding or keen interest in print and broadcast media relations
- Interest in working with multiple stakeholders and managing and prioritising several projects simultaneously
- Ability to build strong relationships with senior leadership and provide them with trusted counsel
- A strong team player and lateral thinker, comfortable working collaboratively, virtually and independently
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
To qualify for the role you must have:
- An enthusiastic, ‘can do’ approach
- Calm under pressure
- Analytical and logical
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong IT skills for instance, Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams and SharePoint
- A strong interest in developing a career in PR and/or communications
- The confidence to develop relationships with senior stakeholders
- The ability to work well unsupervised and use initiative where required
Ideally, you will also have
- At least one years’ experience in PR and/or communications either client or agency side
- Understanding of large, complex organisations
- The enthusiasm to build a network of regional media relations contacts
- Good negotiation and networking skills
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in Assurance, Tax & Law, PAS, Consulting, Strategy and Transactions, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Prior to finalising your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.