Finance Business Partner - Customer Service & Logistics, Open to flexible working
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry. Arthur Guinness, Alexander Walker and all those many talented people that followed in their footsteps, cared deeply about the people and businesses they fostered, and the communities in which they operated. Today we stand on the shoulders of these giants and act with the same entrepreneurial spirit. We are a company born of an incredible entrepreneurial legacy. The success of Guinness®, Smirnoff®, Johnnie Walker®, Tanqueray® and many more brands led to the formation of our company in 1997. And we only thrive today because of the talent of our people to grow our brands, old and new, and keep them strong.
Our purpose, celebrating life, every day, everywhere means that our brands are part of celebrations big and small. We believe that living our purpose in full is to make the most of life - to be the best you can be at work, at home, with friends, in the community. Diageo's culture is built and maintained by the five values that underpin its business and guide how Diageo works. At Diageo, employees are passionate about its customers and consumers and want to be the best. They give each other the freedom to succeed and value each other. Employees work hard so they can be proud of what they do and how they do it. While Diageo moves at pace, constantly evolving and improving, its values remain consistent and our performance ambition clearly articulates our commitment to do business in the right way, from grain to glass.
This role works within Global Brand Supply (GBS) which incorporates all Supply chain activities within Scotland, Ireland, Baileys, Santa Vittoria, Singapore Hub and Europe Supply Chain. This is a c £2.5bn p.a. cost base business producing c.70m cases (equivalent units) of cased/kegged product and distilling c 200mla p.a. Reporting to the Global Customer Service & Logistics Senior Finance Manager, this role provides Finance Business Partner support to the Global Brand Supply Customer Service & Logistics team, owning and driving exemplary performance. Providing project support, providing commercial decision support and insights, driving ideation of further opportunities and ensuring that a robust control framework is embedded and active are all key attributes of the role. The role will be judged on the ability to deliver strongly the following top accountabilities and the judgement and flexibility to balance providing excellent business partnering with the need to support the Finance and Customer Service & Logistics agenda.
- Lead finance decision support projects for the GBS Customer Service & Logistics areas and support the delivery of strategic initiatives through exemplary business partnering.
- Actively participate in leadership team meetings supporting the Europe Customer Service & Logistics Director
- Use data to bring insight and identify cost saving opportunities and then drive them through to completion with the Supply Chain team. For projects, lead business case development and tracking of performance of projects vs business case.
- Work in partnership with the end to end supply chain on longer term strategy
- Provide dynamic scenario planning to drive business performance
- Accountability for the annual financial planning process, SKU Reset and monthly financial performance reporting for GBS Customer Service & Logistics, working closely with the team leading these processes.
Skills and Capabilities
- Self motivated and resilient, able to proactively identify issues and drive delivery of solutions
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, able to distil and communicate complex information.
- Customer focused and fully aware of value creation through effective collaboration
- Strong Excel skills, ability to model and manage high volumes of data, Power BI experience a benefit
- Good understanding of the drinks/FMCG industry a benefit
- Good understanding of Supply Chain and Logistics a preference
Experience & Qualifications
- Qualified Accountant with at least 2-3 years direct experience working in Industry (Ideally FMCG experience)
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to form solid working relationships across the business using a variety of influencing styles based on situation.
- Inability to prioritise and manage key stakeholders and communicate at different levels concurrently.
- Inability to learn quickly, seeing both the big picture and the right level of detail
- Lack of resilience to drive change
- Inability to work through others
- Inability to work on own initiative
- Inability to manage large amounts of data
- Inability to clearly articulate a message to both finance and non-finance stakeholders, conveying information in a clear and concise manner
- Inability to challenge and manage within a complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Inability to work with people and teams in remote locations.