Group Finance and Reporting Manager (32 hours a week ideally spread over 5 days per week)
Group Finance & Reporting Manager - part time, 32 hours a week,
Reporting to: Managing Director
The Be Confident Group consists of two cycle training companies, Cycle Confident and BikeRight!.
Cycle Confident has been in operation for 12 years predominantly in London and is a stable, profitable and well organised business.
BikeRight! was acquired in 2018 and operates predominantly in the Manchester, Liverpool and the West Midlands. It has been regularly recognised by the business and cycling communities as an outstanding company.
The two companies together allow us to expand our geographic area and become the primary National cycle training provider providing consistent quality training throughout the UK.
We are recruiting for an experienced finance manager who is willing to roll their sleeves up and do the basics but also help us develop our finance and reporting systems to allow further growth of our business
To manage both company’s financial resources and systems, and exert a significant financial influence over Group operations
This is a broad range role, currently covering recording all financial transactions and financial management, as well as internal and external financial reporting right through to being part of the executive management team of the organisation, contributing to company strategy and direction.
- Raise sales invoices and credit control
- Consolidate training data to provide clients with monthly finance and outcome reports
- Run the monthly payroll system for all employees
- Manage staff company pension scheme
- Responsible for all bill payments and contact with suppliers, including freelance instructors.
- Responsible for all tax issues (VAT, PAYE, Corporation Tax)
- Manage the cash flow for the Group.
The Management contribution
- Produce monthly management reports for directors detailed by service channel, to enable the management team to assess financial performance and results against budgets, forecast and previous years.
- Participate in company planning (forecasts/scenarios) and decision making with particular reference to financial issues.
- Advise directors on all matters with financial implications and provide informed options for action.
- Provide financial information for tenders, bids and grant applications.
- A strong background in Accounting and Finance is essential. Qualified ACA , ACCA or CIMA a must
- Excellent IT skills including advanced Excel, and an ability to pick up new systems quickly
- Excellent communication in dealing with external and internal stakeholders
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines and prioritise workload.
- Great administration skills
- Experience using QuickBooks online and FreeAgent accounting software preferable.
- Proven track record in financial management in a SME
- Capacity to manage and prioritise own workload in line with company goals
- Always respects rules of confidentiality & behaves in a non–discriminatory manner
- Always willing to take full responsibility for own actions/inactions
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Committed to the well-being of the company and proactive in business development and growth
- Highly personally motivated and positive in attitude
- Operate with integrity and honesty at all times
- Contribute to friendly working environment
- Be able to work under pressure.
- The post is 32 hours per week, to be worked flexibly with agreement from the Managing Director
- Holiday entitlement is 20 days pro rata, plus bank holidays per year.
- Auto Enrolment Pension
- Discounted staff rates on bikes, equipment and clothing
- Access to Cycle to Work Scheme.
General office hours are Monday to Friday 9.00 to 18.00
If this role is genuinely of interest, please Apply and provide your CV plus a cover message which includes the following via the method below:
- Up to 100 words on your thoughts on cycling in London
- A paragraph on a memorable life experience
- Your favourite quote
Applications will be viewed as they are received.
Apply for Group Finance and Reporting Manager (32 hours a week ideally spread over 5 days per week)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly