Part Time Financial Controller - International Charitable Organisation
Finance Manager / Financial Controller - Our client is an International Religious Organisation / Charity providing lifestyle, support and education to its worldwide congregation and beyond. Centred in Italy, the organisation has operations in a number of regions across the globe, with five sites in the UK.
As part of a restructuring of its international finances, the charity is creating a new role in the UK as Finance Manager / Financial Controller, to report on its central pool of funding. As a new role, there is the possibility of some flexibility, either Full Time or Part Time (across 4 - 5 days). The role will report to the Finance Committee in Rome and to the UK external auditors.
Based in London, with occasional home-working, the Finance Manager / Financial Controller role will include:-
- Preparation and monitoring of annual budgets for regions and the central organisation
- Preparation of management accounts and reports, monthly, quarterly and annually
- Preparation of financial reports for central management meetings
- Preparation of annual records for the audit
- Liaise with external auditors in preparation of annual financial statements
- Oversee and liaise with professional advisors regarding properties
- Review and implementation of processes and systems within the organisation
- Provide ad hoc support to the Finance Committee in Rome
- Review and update the organisation's ethical investment policy
- Manage the organisation's worldwide financial calendar and directory
- Attend finance committee meetings 3 to 4 times a year, usually in Rome
- Other ad hoc work as the role evolves
This Finance Manager / Financial Controller role will require an experienced qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACMA, ACA), capable of working proactively and autonomously. Experience of working in a charity would be useful but not necessarily essential, but the role will require a personality empathetic to a religious organisation (although you do not have to be religious or affiliated to any religion). The ability to speak either Italian or Spanish would be useful, but again is not essential.
Apply for Part Time Financial Controller - International Charitable Organisation
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly