In-House Accountant, Part time
Location: London, Mayfair, W1
Salary: Market equivalent remuneration
Contract: Permanent - Part-time
Hours: Flexible and approximately 15 hours per week
Castelnau is a fast-moving entrepreneurial real estate investment firm focussed on acquiring assets that generate long term income.
We are currently recruiting for a Part-time In-House Accountant to join our property investment group of private companies that have been established for four years. There are 3 main investment companies with a variety of SPVs for various projects and 3 joint venture businesses. The successful applicant will deal with the full group of companies, personal property accounts and partnership accounts.
All applicants should be looking to work in a small, entrepreneurial team and also be looking to grow, develop and flourish with the company.
We offer the opportunity to accelerate the learning of motivated, inquisitive individuals joining our team.
About the Role - Accountant:
The role would suit an experienced, professional, and friendly Accountant who has an overall grasp of accounts to trial balance level and preparation of management accounts with comprehensive knowledge of property transactions.
In addition to this our successful Accountant will be responsible for:
* Producing monthly cash flow statement and management accounts
* Reconciling banks accounts, petty cash and credit card expenses
* Paying suppliers
* Raising and following up on payments of invoices
* Setting and monitoring group budgets
* Accounting for property purchases and sales
* Preparing individual accounts for owned properties to report to investors
* Producing quarterly VAT returns
* Office management including ordering stationery/collecting post etc
* Liaising with external accountants to streamline processes
* Tracking, organising and controlling spending on individual property purchases to help control profitability
* Significant experience of all aspects of accounts including preparation of management accounts up to trial balance, year-end accounts and VAT returns.
* Must be qualified to ACCA, ACA or CIMA.
* Understanding of VAT partial exemption.
* Experience in purchase and sale of properties and the property industry in general
* Advanced and certified user of Xero accounting software and understanding of reading Sage reports.
* Must have 5 years Xero experience.
* Must have 5 years' experience in working with a property company.
* Strong communication skills with the ability to build good working relationships with clients and colleagues
* Strong IT skills including MS Office particularly MS Excel
* Keen ability to work with others and organise effectively
* The ability to think independently, critically and, most importantly, organising the office infrastructure so that the team is working effectively
* Close attention to detail, excellent verbal communication and perfect writing skills
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.