Group Chief Financial Officer, Open to flexible working
Our client is the parent company of a group of businesses who own and operate high-quality, long-term energy and natural resource assets. Having already achieved significant success , they have ambitious plans for further growth with the longer-term objective of an LSE listing within the next 5 years.
They are looking to recruit a highly motivated and ambitious professional to be a key member of the senior management team as Group Chief Financial Officer. The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with CFO level experience within a FTSE 350+ organisation. Industry experience from within the extractives, energy or infrastructure field, preferably within emerging markets is also required.
Reporting into one of the two Executive Directors, the individual will have responsibility for Group financial reporting including functional management of the CFO's of the two subsidiaries. They will also manage a team within the parent company.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for producing relevant financial and other key Management Information for the board and the shareholders. Included in this role is also the creation and management of a Group corporate services division encompassing HR, IT, Travel, Insurance and investor relations.
- Act as Group CFO and strategic business partner to the Executive Directors and the Board.
- Collate and synthesise financial information from the operating platforms to be presented to the board, shareholders and other key stakeholders, including, but not limited to an Annual Corporate Report for public consumption.
- Build and manage a Bristol based team to undertake various group functions, including: investor relation, insurance and certain aspects of HR, IT and travel.
- With the Executive Directors, take responsibility for the achievement of the share valuation targets set by the board.
- Work collaboratively with the Group Chief Compliance Officer to implement and manage an appropriate GRC framework.
- Play a supporting role in raising acquisition and growth funding for the Company, (asset level funding will be led at the operating company level)
- Support the Executive Directors and General Counsel in making new investments or acquisitions.
- You are ACAEW or CIMA qualified
- You have relevant industry experience in extractives, energy or infrastructure, preferably in emerging markets.
- You have FTSE 350+ experience as CFO
- Your career goals are purpose driven - you want to make a difference as well as a profit.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take your corporate experience and apply it to a small, dynamic organisation, with clear space to create a structure and play a key role at an exciting time for the business.
Flexibility: 3-5 days per week with the opportunity for some remote working.
Location: Ability to commute to Bristol
Salary: package commensurate with experience
Recruiter contact: Jennifer Brooks