Assistant Manager/Manager, M&A Technology - Open to flexibility
Assistant Manager/Manager, M&A Technology - Open to flexibility
We require an Assistant Manager/Manager to support and play a lead role in undertaking complex IT due diligence (ITDD) assignments within our Financial Advisory Transaction Services division. This would include IT reviews and support on buy-side, sell-side, IPO and re-financing projects from inception to completion; and cover pre-transaction reporting, Day 1 preparation and integration support.
As an Assistant Manager/Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering and reviewing high-quality, transaction reports and other M&A work products.
- Analysis and data mapping skills including depicting and commenting on IT cost trends, the strengths and weaknesses of IT product and support systems and supplier relationships. Also opportunities for cost and revenue improvement through IT innovations.
- Ability to provide deep insights on IT aspects of deals that are relevant and valued by clients and readers of the ITDD reports - specifically the ability to condense large amounts of technical information into an easy to read non-technical transaction business report highlighting the salient points with supporting cost and benchmark data.
- Research and analysis of IT information including IT cost data, IT contracts and IT qualitative information - including a broad and deep understanding of core aspects of a typical IT function, including architecture, strategy, service delivery, infrastructure, applications and IT financials.
- Managing the development and delivery of technical proposals, attending sales meetings and delivering sales presentations.
- Managing IT integrations and separations and identify IT synergies/ one-off/ ongoing costs either within a larger team or as an advisor on smaller engagements.
- Excellent verbal and written (incl. transaction report writing) communication skills and the ability to lead client meetings and interviews.
- Addressing complex technical risks and issues with senior client staff and manage key client relationships and expectations.
- Drawing on knowledge and experience across all aspects of IT in business, providing insightful, deal-relevant points of view and recommendations based on robust analysis.
- Interfacing with senior external client stakeholders at executive level, e.g. Private equity directors and CxOs, and internal stakeholders, e.g. Deloitte Partners and Directors.
- Taking an active role in the identification of opportunities by cultivating existing relationships and growing new networks internally and externally.
- Taking responsibility for areas of internal team management, e.g. people, operational excellence, and act as a role model for the team.
- Taking ownership for quality and risk management, determining that all client work is delivered consistently complying with Deloitte quality and risk rules and guidelines.
- The ability to learn quickly and leverage skills in new situations and turnaround deliverables within short time frames in the context large and complex M&A transactions.
- Flexible with working locations and the ability to manage and work on two or more engagements where required.
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Private equity and corporate transactions, ideally in performing IT DD assignments;
- To have worked on confidential transactions with ethical walls in place during the assignment;
- Experience of the M&A lifecycle from target mapping through to transaction reporting, Day 1 preparation, 100 day planning and post-merger integration/ separation;
- Writing and reviewing IT DD transaction reports;
- Expert knowledge of IT project and development processes and methods;
- Experience and knowledge of IT architectures and new IT trends, E.g. data analytics, SOA, eCommerce and Cloud/ SaaS.
- Experience of IT advisory/consulting within a professional services environment;
- Programme management experience and track record of successful delivery of programmes;
- Experience of IT outsourcing, vendor management and IT procurement;
- Working within small and large project teams of made up of client and internal staff;
- Facilitating client workshops and presenting to clients both in a business development context and as part of project deliverables;
- Business administration or accounting knowledge, e.g. MBA or BA/ B.Sc in Economics or business administration;
- Deep knowledge in one or more industry sectors and broad IT experience across multiple other industries;
- Experience in business development, from opportunity identification to conversion into sales; and
- Experience in coaching, mentoring or counselling colleagues.
We are Financial Advisory
The Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte advises clients ranging from multi-national corporates to private equity, owner managed businesses, creditors, shareholders and governments. We offer expertise in Restructuring, Advisory Corporate Finance, Raising Capital, Forensic, Real Estate Advisory and Transactions as well as a number of specialist services.
We work with our clients at the heart of major and often high profile transactions including mergers and acquisitions, disposals and Initial Public Offerings. We also provide expert advisory and due diligence services, fraud prevention and detection, and rescuing, supporting and improving underperforming businesses. Highly-regarded commercial real estate consultancy services complement our financial capabilities.
Financial Advisory is a fast-paced and challenging environment with both UK and international exposure. We value people who enjoy finding solutions to problems, are comfortable dealing with complexity, have strong business acumen, and can talk to a wide range of people with tact and diplomacy. In return, we offer a career path that’s rich in variety and allows you to gain insight into many different industry sectors.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Please click Apply to continue.