E-Commerce Executive - Justerini & Brooks, Open to flexible working
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose – Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
At Diageo, we boast a wealth of admired brands that few companies can rival. With names such as Baileys, Guinness, Smirnoff, and Johnnie Walker, there’s a rich legacy of character and outstanding products to promote. And we rely on passionate, driven marketers to celebrate these brands and ensure their future success. Whether you’re involved in launching a spirited and innovative campaign, developing fresh and exciting products, tapping into a new generation of consumers or delving into the insights that spark the next big idea, there are a huge variety of projects and roles on offer. But all our positions demand the same levels of resilience, strategic thinking and creativity that drives growth and does justice to the quality of our brands. Character is everything to us at Diageo. We’re looking for the bold, daring and pioneering spirit that has sustained us for hundreds of years. If you share our sense of adventure, you’ll thrive here. With opportunities to shape the career you want, through continuing learning and development, and the support of talented peers.
This role is in Justerini & Brooks (“J&B”) which is a London, Hong Kong and Edinburgh based wine and spirits merchant, founded in 1749 and one of the world’s most recognised names in fine wine with a royal warrant and a high reputation for quality and service. J&B has many years of combined experience in buying and selling of fine and rare wines and its wine portfolio provides access to a full range of exceptional value wines, fine and rare wines and en primeur. J&B also has a dedicated on trade division which supplies wines, Champagnes and spirits to restaurants, bars, hotels, catering companies and independent retailers throughout the UK.
J&B‘s private clients are the global elite, many of whom spend over £50k per annum with J&B (and some over £1m). As such they demand a luxury experience at every touch point in J&B. The international fine wine market is a competitive and demanding business. The focus for J&B is to continually develop our sales service in line with changing markets and client needs. The aim is to beat the competition and to develop long-standing client and supplier relationships by ensuring we offer market leading advice, stock and service to our customers.
This role will be reporting to the Head of Marketing and is responsible for driving and influencing every online & omnichannel sale of our wines and spirits, embedding Digital Commerce into the DNA of the business, deliver advantageous market share and fully exploit the truly unique opportunities Digital offers us to drive incremental sales.
- Work cross-functionally to drive sales & marketing capability with the marketing, web and buying teams to build integrated plans which drive change, incremental sales and ROI. Deliver recognised best in class activation and set Justerini & Brooks apart from its competitors.
- Be at the forefront of our organisational learning in this area, make & then test the effectiveness of boldest new plans.
- Champion for eCommerce within the business and be responsible for engaging and motivating cross-functionally to support the team and customers as well as leadership and stakeholder management.
- Data driven, constantly measuring, analysing and reporting monthly.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a digital native with a passion for digital commerce; a commercial individual with experience in driving sales with customers; a pioneer with creative flair for bringing brands to life; a self-starter who is famed for making things happen.
NB: Past Digital experience is an advantage, but it is not mandatory to be successful in this role. You will have to be motivated to dedicate the time to learn and have many of the wider skills as set out below.
- Commercial acumen – you have solid commercial experience, tenacious in the pursuit of creating sustainable value.
- eCommerce – you are a day-to-day digital native with a passion for becoming an expert. You have a test & learn mindset; a thirst to understand what works and doesn’t work online to deliver the best return and grow sales. You are passionate about this area keeping up with trends & competitor activity.
- Analytical skills – you have the ability to synthesise and analyse data, generating meaningful insights and recommendations.
- Leadership – Able to both create a compelling vision for the future and inspire the wider business & our customers to join us to deliver it.
- Do whatever it takes to deliver the right outcomes, taking people on the journey with you. You are able to be in the trenches, as well as lead from the front.
- Famous for making it happen – your words translate into action & results delivering visible impact
- Passionate about this agenda, acting as a catalyst to those around you
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Character Is Everything