Market and Structural Risk Manager, Part time
You will be a key member of our structural market risk team, with responsibility for measuring, controlling and reporting the Interest Rate Risk in the banking book. Working together you'll develop internal risk models in order to monitor, report and control our risk exposure through a range of risk metrics and scenarios.
What you'll be doing
- Performing ongoing maintenance of the QRM system to identify and resolve weaknesses.
- Supporting projects to enhance the understanding of how ALM risk exists within the bank.
- Developing and maintaining sophisticated balance sheet and behavioural models.
- Ensuring the underlying risk profile of the bank is properly assessed and explained to senior management.
- Developing an expert understanding of the drivers behind EVE and NIM risk metrics and balance sheet dynamics, this also includes supporting preparation of internal MI and regulatory reporting.
- Explaining in simple terms, the complex dynamics of the balance sheet models and related risk metrics to senior management.
What we're looking for
- Education to degree standard in a numerate subject (such as Mathematics), or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of the principles of managing and measuring Interest Rate Risk in the banking book.
- Advanced Excel skills, with the ability to develop complex yet streamlined analysis and processes from scratch.
- Experienced user of QRM is essential.
- Ability to analyse the ALM Data Warehouse or other large datasets using SAS.
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs. For part-time roles, your salary, bonus and certain benefits will be prorated to reflect your working hours.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don't just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It's important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.