Consultant - DevOps Engineer, Quality & Testing, Systems Engineering, Open to flexible working
Are you looking to work with leading organisations to accelerate software development by improving processes and implementing automation?
This role will offer you the opportunity to drive meaningful change in cross-functional software development teams for top tier clients and support you to grow your career to the next level.
Want to work with the latest technologies, as part of a team helping international organisations transform their core business capabilities? Whether you’re working with on-premise systems, Cloud technology, or custom-developed solutions (to name just a few), your expertise will help clients deliver continuous improvement and innovation, from initial design right through to implementation and optimization.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
As an experienced engineer, you will work with developers, delivery managers and other stakeholders to create and maintain new services. You will be responsible for continuously improving the way the software is delivered, writing code to automate and codify best practices, and enhancing ways of working for the efficient delivery of products and features.
Responsibilities will include:
- Building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Utilising monitoring and logging solutions to create fault-tolerant software
- Proactively looking for ways to improve the delivery of software
- Encouraging the use of and using best practices applied to managing and deploying on cloud infrastructure
- Implementing automation in a structured and thoughtful way, as applied to processes, tasks and workflows
- Contributing to development of Deloitte’s tools and accelerators
- Working effectively and collaborating as part of inclusive and diverse teams
- Supporting the development of client bids and presentations of proposals
- Building and developing long term trusted relationships with various stakeholders
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Your home office will be London, but this client-facing role provides lots of opportunity for travel in the UK and overseas.
This is a permanent contract opportunity. Although, our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
- A passion for new technology and a desire to continually learn and grow as a DevOps engineer
- One to three years programming experience in at least one scripting or procedural language (e.g. Python, Bash, Groovy, Go, etc.) and containerization tools (e.g. Docker)
- Knowledge of modern software operational practices and experience working on a team that has responsibility of end user service
- Familiarity with using the core services (e.g. compute, object storage, managed databases etc.) of one or more of the leading cloud providers
- Hands-on experience creating Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines, with automated tests integrated
- Working knowledge of modern architecture patterns e.g., microservices, containerization
- Working with agile delivery methodologies
- A passion for automation of tasks or processes using code
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Certificates with leading cloud providers
- Experience with some of the following tools: Kubernetes, Terraform, Azure DevOps, AWS, GCP, Jenkins, CircleCI, TeamCity, Git
- Experience of ‘shift right’ testing such as production exposure control/canary release/blue-green deployments
- Experience with Real User Monitoring and/or Synthetic Monitoring
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL; RTWPROG SLCONS BASOP; CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 179314