Head of Fundraising- 3 days per week
Head of Fundraising, part time - 3 days per week
The Centre for Cities is an independent, non-partisan research and policy institute. Committed to helping Britain’s cities improve their economic performance, the Centre produces practical research and policy advice for city leaders, national Government and businesses.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced fundraiser on a part-time basis to oversee revenue generation for the Centre. The successful applicant will be responsible for growing and maintaining a strong pipeline of funders for our work, while working closely with the senior team to deliver our fundraising targets. You will also work closely with other team members to develop their ability to raise funds.
The successful applicant will be a self-starter, able to demonstrate a track record of securing funding in a policy, charity or not-for-profit environment. There will be opportunities to make a real contribution to the Centre’s programme. We’re looking for someone who is happy to muck-in and multitask, and who’ll make the most of the opportunities the Centre for Cities can offer.
The closing date for applications is midnight on 30th October 2016. The shortlisted applicants will need to be available for interview on 8th November 2016.
- Lead the Centre for Cities’ fundraising activity, working with colleagues to identify potential funders, generate leads, build relationships and develop proposals to generate revenue for the organisation.
- Develop and oversee a fundraising strategy for the Centre, including plans to work with private sector organisations, universities, and cities themselves across our work programme;
- Monitor implementation of the fundraising strategy, including ensuring the Centre for Cities is following up leads effectively and managing relationships well;
- Work with team members to develop their fundraising and relationship management skills and contribute to crafting projects and programmes of work likely to attract funding from potential partners
- Senior level practical experience from the private, public or voluntary sectors of devising and implementing fundraising strategies;
- Extensive networks across cities and across the public, private sector and third sector, as well as demonstrable knowledge of how cities and government work;
- Track record of raising funds from the private and public sector
- Sound understanding of how research evidence and policy ideas can be promoted and applied in public and private sector decision making
- Excellent influencing and communication skills, including the ability to write and present in an engaging and accessible style
- Capacity to lead highly motivated and intellectually challenging staff in an effective way
- Willingness to travel across the UK.
- Keen interest in the potential of cities as the drivers of economic growth
To Apply: please click on "Apply" button below