Consultant, PMO Specialist, Programme Leadership, Human Capital
The Human Capital practice works with colleagues across Audit, Tax, Consulting and Corporate Finance to provide innovative and integrated people-focused solutions to clients from a diverse range of industries.
Our practice has two distinct go-to-market capability teams:
• HR Transformation;
• Organisation Transformation & Talent;
As part of the Organisation Transformation & Talent team, you will have the opportunity to work with one or many elite clients in:
• Consumer Business
• Technology, Media and Telecoms
• Energy and Resources
• Healthcare and Life Sciences
• Public Sector
• Financial Service industry
Join the world’s leading HR and people transformation business and help create the Future of Work for major corporations. You’ll develop trusted relationships with senior business stakeholders. As part of a practice that brings research and analytics expertise together with deep industry knowledge, you’ll develop change programmes that are not only innovative, but deliver the most positive impact for all.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Our PMO Centre of Excellence is a team of high-calibre PMO specialists and is part of our wide Programme Leadership (PL) team. PL is currently one of the largest programme leadership capabilities in the marketplace and we are renowned for our critical involvement in our clients’ largest and most complex change programmes.
We believe that the ability to manage change is in itself a strategic differentiator and we have developed a range of capabilities and offerings that enable us to deliver successful outcomes for our clients. We work with clients across all industry sectors to translate strategy into programmes of work, to assure their delivery and to embed the project, programme and PMO capability required to support the challenges of large-scale complex change.
Our PMO Centre of Excellence is core to our proposition in the Transformation agenda at Deloitte and this kind of work sits at the heart of any business. So, you'll broaden your skill set and develop quickly, gaining access to the highest levels of client liaison and working on complex, high-profile projects.
The continued success of our PMO Centre of Excellence team means that we are looking to grow further by recruiting project and programme management specialists with experience in across all industries with the right skill set and attitude to performance, growth and development.
You will have responsibility for:
- Supporting with the design, implementation and development of project, programme or portfolio management offices;
- Creating plans and associated critical paths through understanding of the inter-dependencies between workstreams;
- Drafting / reviewing project progress reports and day-to-day running of risk / issue / action / dependency management processes and financial control processes in relation to the programme , project or initiative;
- Preparing / reviewing project / programme financial reports and supporting financial modelling to prepare budgets and business cases;
- Maintaining project assets ensuring documentation is kept up to date and facilitating effective sharing / communication;
- Mentoring and managing less experienced members of the team.
You will be based in a Deloitte Belfast office, however travel will be required for client based projects. Whilst some clients are London based, we do spend time on site with regional and international clients. We specify full mobility for our consulting roles but we make arrangements respectfully, there may be some opportunity for working from home depending on client demands.
This is a permanent role with a degree of flexibility. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients.
Your Professional Experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Previous experience of supporting or managing delivery of projects, either within industry or with a consultancy;
- Knowledge of the current market conditions;
- Experience of supporting the design and development of a PMO;
- Development of project plans and critical paths across work streams;
- Understanding and experience of project management methodologies (example PRINCE 2 or Agile);
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Experience of having effectively managed dependencies in a project;
- Experience of mentoring and managing others in a project team;
- Experience of progress reporting and risk management;
- Preparation of programme financial reports as part of a PMO;
- Experience with financial modelling, e.g. preparation of budgets and business cases;
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
REF: WPFULL RTWPROG SLCONS BAHUCC LOCBEL
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 178715