Company Accountant, part time - 24 hours per week
Standage & Co. Ltd. is a well-established refurbishment contractor based in SE London supplying multi-trade construction services to both the public and private sectors. Due to internal progression within the Standage Group, there is a need to fulfil the financial management role within this business. This is a great opportunity to understand the complete finance function and be part of the team shaping the future of the business.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for the overall financial function of Standage & Co on a practically sole charge basis. Working with the Directors you would help develop financial strategy and the company business plan.
You will be responsible for:
Business planning and budget management
- Working with the management team to ensure that financially robust and commercially sound decisions are taken
- Preparation of quarterly / monthly Management accounts
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts
- Preparation of job costings and project CVRs to assist with commercial management.
- Manage the audit process and produce the audit file
- Complete VAT returns
- CITB Levy and grant claims processing
- Complete CIS returns
Day to day accounting
- To be responsible for ensuring the completeness and smooth running of the EQUE2/SAGE system
- To manage the finance element of the Office administrator role (mainly purchase ledger input)
- Complete bank reconciliations and post banking journals
- Raising sales ledger invoices and acting as credit control function
- Process accruals and prepayments
- Review the trial balance and ensure nominal ledger accounts are reconciled monthly / quarterly.
- Process timesheets and submit Payroll information to external Payroll services provider
- Ensure timely payment of PAYE and CIS
- Responsible for regular/monthly payment runs
The ideal candidate will have the following skillset and experience:
- Have demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Have experience of working in the Construction industry
- Understand revenue recognition with regard to cost
- Be professionally qualified, i.e. CIMA/ACA/ACCA
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be self-motivated, innovative and proactive
- Have strong system knowledge and be proficient in the use of Sage accounting packages and MS Office packages
- Able to see the big picture with an excellent attention to detail
- Be flexible and adaptable in their approach
- Enjoy being part of an enthusiastic and ambitious team
- Be a team player who is willing to roll their sleeves up as necessary
- Be able to explain financial matters to non-financial members of the team
The position currently requires 3 days per week (or 24 hours via a flexible working pattern) and offers a salary of £60k per annum and 20 days annual leave, both pro rata.
Initially this role is office based with home working as necessary to meet government guidelines. However, this role is mainly office-based due to the part-time nature of it but the company is open to more flexible working arrangements following a suitable bedding in period which will be at least six months.