Manager - Sustainability Finance, Open to flexible working
When the financial services industry works well, it creates growth, prosperity and peace of mind for hundreds of millions of people. No other industry touches so many lives or shapes so many futures. At EY Financial Services, we share a single focus — to build a better financial services industry, not just for now, but for the future.
Sustainability is at the heart of our brand. It is at the heart of our strategy, what we value and measure and what we do every day with our clients and within our own business. We are proud to be advocates of change to make businesses across the world more sustainable because we believe in long-term value. Delivering sustainable long-term value in Financial Services means new strategies, a new approach to managing risk, new products and services and new ways of engaging stakeholders. Our clients need us more than ever to help them negotiate these changing times, and we are looking to continue growing our team to meet these needs.
EY Sustainable Finance is hiring! We are at the forefront of current trends in Sustainable Finance and want candidates who are dedicated and capable of helping us to develop and grow our dynamic sustainable finance. We are working across banking, insurance and investment to support clients with developing their strategies, designing and building innovative solutions to move forward on sustainable finance, meeting regulatory requirements and positioning for success in this rapidly evolving market.
We are seeking high performing Managers to join our Sustainable Finance Team. This role can be based in London, Edinburgh or Bristol. As a member of our Sustainable Finance team you will be working on market leading projects, building networks, and consulting on key strategic issues in sustainable finance. You will also participate in the research and development required to support the growth of our fields of expertise. You will be responsible for the management of key projects to clients all whilst being supported by some of the best practitioners in the business.
There are a wide range of exciting projects that you will be able to get involved in, across banking, insurance, pensions and wealth and asset management. Topics we cover include:
- Sustainable Finance strategy
- Principles of Responsible Banking, Responsible Investment and Sustainable Insurance
- Climate change metrics and targets
- Investment advisory, including climate alignment
- Sustainable Finance regulatory developments and associated lobbying
- Responsible, sustainable and impact investment
- ESG research and ESG integration
- Climate change risk modelling and scenario analysis
- Reporting and disclosure - including TCFD
- Measuring and reporting on Long Term Value
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Stewardship and engagement (active ownership)
Your key responsibilities
- You will assist in delivering key projects for our clients on the wide range of topics we work on.
- You will create innovative commercial insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs, and contribute to thought leadership.
- You will actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives, consistently driving projects to completion making sure that the work delivered is industry leading.
- You will work with the project heads to lead teams or parts of teams on engagements, keeping a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Working closely with colleagues, you will create a positive learning culture and coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
- You will contribute to the development of EY capabilities in technical areas and engage with clients regarding the application of these methodologies to their businesses.
- You will collaborate with colleagues outside of Sustainable Finance to deliver multi-disciplinary and cross-geographical work.
Skills and attributes for success
As Managers within the team, you will be expected to consult, so it is essential that you bring the competencies that will allow you to do so:
- Intellectual curiosity
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, verbal, written but also active listening
Candidates will be assessed based on both CV and interview,
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A track record of success of running small projects or parts of large projects in financial services
- A strong academic record including a degree and relevant professional qualifications
- Sustainable finance experience in banking, insurance or wealth and asset management
- Experienced in managing people (including internal and external stakeholders)
What we are looking for
We want Sustainable Finance professional who are not just great technicians but brilliant consultants. Professionals who can build networks, spot industry trends and solve industry problems. If you are interested in being part of a growing team, serving clients and reaching your full potential, we want to hear from you!
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!