E-Commerce Manager GB & E-Commerce Executive, Open to flexible working
As Diageo are building up their E-Commerce capabilities we are constantly looking to speak to strong individuals in this space across both the Manager + Executive level. If Diageo is a company you are interested in and you have experience and a passion for E-Commerce then you could be a great fit for us!
At Diageo we are embedding E-Commerce at the heart of everything we do. We are accelerating our E-Commerce platform through drive and ambition to take the lead in our industry and build a real long term strategy for the digital agenda. We are looking for Commercial rock stars with a disruptive mindset who want the freedom to act autonomously & understand the levers to pull in order to succeed in this space.
Diageo was created in 1997 but its business is built on the principles and foundations laid years before by giants of the industry – Arthur Guinness, John Walker, Elizabeth Cumming and many more. Today, Diageo is a world class leader in beverage alcohol, producing an outstanding collection of over 200 brands and owning the top two largest spirit brands in the world, Johnnie Walker and Smirnoff and 20 of the world’s top 100 spirit brands. Its portfolio also includes Crown Royal, J&B, Buchanan’s and Windsor Whiskies, Cîroc and Ketel One vodkas, Captain Morgan, Baileys, Don Julio, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Diageo has built a strong platform for growth – through investment in its own brands, and by acquisition to broaden the geographical footprint and category depth and range. The company’s strong local business units are well-positioned to win in increasingly competitive and fast-paced environments. Diageo’s portfolio is well-diversified across price-tiers, enabling it to participate where consumer opportunity is greatest, and to capture shifts in consumer preference.
eCommerce has been a significant growth channel for Diageo across Europe. Whilst eCommerce represents less than 10% of our P&L, the growth in eCommerce LY was equivalent to over 75% of the overall growth in Europe. This channel is all about capturing the shopper shift to online shopping and driving incremental growth for Diageo through the execution of unique eCommerce activations.
To win we must be mastery in combing and using Digital Marketing skills, Digital Commercial skills, data and analytics to identify insights and execute unique digital programs/activations. You must be a forward thinker who is able to live in ambiguity and develop game winning strategies. You need to be innovative and curious around the possibilities that Digital uniquely offers.
- Leads the development of off trade .com customers (either North – ASDA, WMn, Co-op, Iceland etc or South – Tesco, JS etc) or pureplayers and new business (Ocado, 31 Dover, Deliveroo, Ubereats etc), and the associated commercial relationships
- Deliver incremental sustainable growth for Diageo through Digital Channels. Smash AOP plans YOY. Deliver Online Market Share ahead of Offline Market Share.
- Own the Grocery .com channel or pureplayers and new business strategy and lead the organisation to develop and execute the right growth strategies
- Ensure we develop a Digital capable organisation.
- Commercial acumen – you are a commercial expert, tenacious in the pursuit of creating sustainable value. You have managed customers with P&L accountability, negotiated JBPs and helped lead Top 2 Top conversations. You have a record of delivering brilliant execution.
- eCommerce – You are a day-to-day digital native and while you may not yet have experience managing online customers you are obsessively curious and passionate about this area keeping up with trends, competitor activity & discovering the success platforms of the future. Experience in Digital Marketing is beneficial.
- Analytical skills – you can synthesise and analyse data, generating meaningful insights and recommendations
- Agility to work in a fast moving, matrix organisation and the ability to build brilliant relationships to deliver amazing outcomes.
- Agitator, you challenge the norms both internally and externally to drive cultural and performance breakthroughs
- Relentless in the pursuit of growth – you have fire in the belly and roadblocks are challenges you relish and overcome with ease
- Do whatever it takes to deliver the right outcomes, taking people on the journey with you
- Effective communicator, driving simplicity