Head of Compliance - Part-time 3 days/wk
Head of Compliance - Part-time 3 days/wk
Purpose of role
- Flagstone Investment Management Ltd is an authorised and regulated fintech business providing a proprietary technology platform that enables its clients to conveniently manage their cash deposits across a range of counterparty banks in order to maximise their interest income and minimise their risk.
- The objective for this role is to lead the Compliance function for the firm, taking responsibility for both the CF10 and CF11 roles. Compliance, and specifically the efficient and robust application of initial and on-going AML, KYC and SOW processes are critical for our success and this person will be in part measured against their ability to help us streamline those processes whilst ensuring the firm stays fully compliant with its regulatory obligations.
- Flagstone is a rapidly developing business with a growing, focused and dedicated team. This role requires someone who is happy to be very hands on in their approach and relishes the challenge of their output being viewed as integral to the success of the business.
Reporting to one of two Managing Partners at Flagstone, the Head of Compliance will have the following responsibilities:
- To assess and where necessary, redesign, the existing client due diligence approach undertaken by the firm to ensure these processes are as streamlined and efficient as possible and proportionate to different client risk profiles.
- To take the lead and proactively work with the compliance functions of our many banking partners to ensure their understanding and approval for the client due diligence procedures of the firm.
- To also liaise with clients, suppliers and the regulator as may be required to present and explain the compliance policies and procedures of the firm.
- To lead and be responsible for all necessary staff Compliance training (including that of employee induction) as and when required.
- To ensure all compliance policies are up to date and adherence with all policies is properly documented and controlled.
- To liaise and co-ordinate with business and support functions on the company’s responsibilities with regards to FATCA, CRS and CDOT directives and to work with the Managing Partners on adherence to and reporting on those directives.
- To be responsible (with the Managing Partners where necessary) for regulatory reporting, i.e. GABRIEL reports.
- To meet reporting obligations and to undertake investigative work as required in respect to Compliance monitoring and other related compliance activities.
- To act as the MLRO and to be a point of sign–off and control for new clients coming into the business.
- To assist in the monitoring/assessment of changes in the compliance environment and the impact such changes may have on the business.
- To keep abreast and advise on developments in the FCA regulation and best practice.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the partners of the business.
Founded in 2013, the Flagstone management team has a combined 75+ years’ experience in financial services, technology and marketing which has been harnessed to deliver an efficient, scalable, state of the art technology platform that allows our clients to manage their cash deposits for maximum return.
For more information, please visit www.flagstoneim.com
Key Challenges and Suitable background and experience:
This role will only suit an individual who is happy to work in a results-orientated business and understands that from time to time flexibility is an important quality. As the individual sought will have overall responsibility for the oversight of the Compliance/AML framework they need to be comfortable with being accountable and being depended upon to deliver.
The successful candidate is likely to be able to demonstrate the following:
- A minimum 3 years’ experience of leading the compliance function of another regulated financial services business as CF10;
- Demonstrable experience of working at a senior level in the compliance function of a retail bank environment would be highly advantageous;
- Excellent knowledge of the relevant regulation impacting AML and KYC requirements for banks;
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills with ability to quickly build and maintain confidence and credibility with senior management;
- Excellent analytical, interpretation and problem solving skills;
- Capable of working independently and in a team environment.
The role is currently envisioned as part-time and expected to be 3 full days a week to begin, with the potential to become full-time in the future.
The nature of the business means that we deal with information of a sensitive nature. As such all employees of the Firm must sign a confidentiality agreement.
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for this role.