Head of Creative Intelligence, Internal Agency, Open to returners & flexible working
4 days left
- Contract Type
368 is Deloitte’s internal creative agency, providing a range of marketing services including strategy, creative, production, and channel activation. We are looking for an experienced and dynamic candidate to join our 368 agency team as Head of Creative Intelligence, a key discipline within our MarComms Strategy team. Now in our second year, 368 is entering an exciting phase of building out our strategic and creative offering to develop industry changing marketing and award-winning creative. This is a great opportunity to be at the forefront of the agency as we shift from delivery partner to strategic partner.
Reporting into the MarComms Strategy Director and responsible for a team of 6, you will oversee Campaign Strategy / Account Planning as well as our Analytics & Insights teams. The purpose of the role is to champion an external perspective to develop insight-led and breakthrough creative and marketing strategies. You will work in partnership with marketers across the organisation, understanding their objectives and developing the value proposition, messaging, and engagement strategies to connect with their audiences & differentiate Deloitte. You will champion the use of data in sharing best practices, ensuring clear KPIs, measuring campaigns, and using multiple data sources to provide insights and tell stories.
In 368, we use creativity to develop impactful strategies that distinguish our brand and drive the effectiveness of our marketing. As such, we need you to bring creativity to the way you approach marketing & communications strategy and be equally comfortable working with digital channel experts, creative teams, and data analytics. You will have high standards for creating differentiated & effective strategies, and a passion to constructively challenge and inspire our internal clients with a digital-first and an outside-in approach.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
- Champion the use of analytics and insights to better understand our audiences and develop effective strategies that positively impact our brand and drive results for our business
- Pro-actively provide fresh perspectives & a healthy dose of challenge to our current way of working, and the key insights that lead to meaningful and differentiated creative
- Foster strategies based on channel-agnostic, integrated and analytical thinking, and provide the frameworks for the business to implement effectively
- Lead, upskill and grow the Strategy & Insights team (currently 3x UK based individuals supported by an additional 3 individuals in India) through professional development as well as leading internal & external training
- Develop the team’s ability to conduct competitive, client and audience research and distill the salient points into actionable strategic guidance
- Serve on the senior leadership team within 368 to add to and further refine the value that the agency can provide to the business
- Partner with Creative to establish and embed a working model for collaboration insuring Strategy & Insights are integral to the process
- Build out our understanding of our B2B audiences and how they make decisions so that we can better align our marketing strategies to their behaviours and motivations
- Encourage the creation of learning agendas as a fundamental part of campaign strategies
- Work with other Senior Leaders across the agency to establish the process for strategic collaboration across the agency (Creative, Marketing, Operations) and refine roles & responsibilities
- Serve as a strategic advisor to our internal clients and stakeholders, reinforcing the value of 368 and the importance of creativity, strategic thinking & analytics
- Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis
Your professional experience
- Experience as a senior agency Account Planner/Strategist, or Insight-led Integrated Marketer
- Comfortable conducting and interpreting client, competitive, and market analysis, digital trends & behavioural data, and conducting primary research & interviews with senior leadership
- Passionate advocate of using analytics to inform campaign strategy
- Bring specialist knowledge and a new perspective to the organization
- Champion the ‘outside in’ approach, providing a voice for the Client in everything we do
- Credible understanding of the broader marketing mix, including digital channels
- Demonstration of convincing rapport with Creative at all levels, and the ability to inspire and influence ideas through strong partnerships, insightful research and inspirational brief writing to create award-winning work
- Excellent stakeholder management, confident and comfortable working with people at all levels
- Strong team leader with a clear management style, able to create an inclusive culture where people are recognized for their contribution and proven line management / team development experience
- Someone who can handle pressure, with multiple priorities and deadlines with a smile
- The imagination to understand the Deloitte brand and how to elevate it
- B2B and especially Professional Services experience desirable
- Experience developing compelling presentations and success presenting to clients, stakeholders and senior management including Partner level
- Proven track record in team delivery of excellent strategies that result in meaningful results (including campaign & launch plans, integrated channel strategies, value propositions, positioning & messaging, etc.)
- Demonstration of clear leadership skills
Your service line: Internal Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Practice Support Services, Quality & Risk Services, IT Services, and Workplace Services & Real Estate, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 179242