Assistant Manager/Manager, (Data Privacy) Quality Risk and Security, Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
Discover, investigate, influence. Our sharp, analytical minds are relied upon to ensure that Deloitte operates safely in an increasingly complex regulatory environment. Are you up to the challenge? Join us and you’ll be joining an expanding team of talented, highly motivated people who are successfully making an impact that matters.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
This vital role is part of the Data Privacy team within Deloitte Business Security, a specialist function of Quality Risk and Security responsible for advising the Firm, and ensuring that it meets its data protection obligations in line with UK laws.
- Advising on complex privacy queries from our business functions and embedding good practice across the firm; building ‘trusted advisor’ status with stakeholders
- Responding to Data Subject Rights requests within the statutory deadline in line with our regulatory obligations, including ownership of operational process and management of junior team members
- Creation of Data Privacy Impact Assessments where we are processing high risk personal data to enable business opportunities whilst meeting our regulatory obligations
- Reviewing and quality assuring outputs of junior members of the Privacy Team and internal providers as required
- Reviewing and advising on personal data processing agreements and clauses
- Supporting the incident and breach response management process
- Leading delivery of key privacy projects and supporting our Privacy Lead and Operations Lead with day to day operational aspects as required
- Supporting the data protection elements of the third party due diligence process
- Defining and reporting of data protection metrics
- Liaising with teams across Quality, Risk and Security as required
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be based in our Cardiff office at Fusion Point 2. There may be scope for occasional travel to our London office.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a data protection role, with an understanding of UK and EU Data Protection legislation, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018, including experience of managing data subject rights requests, conducting DPIAs and dealing with business queries relating to data protection.
Your essential skills will include:-
- Experience of and demonstrable interest in data protection and privacy, preferably with a CIPP/E qualification or equivalent
- Excellent written and oral communication, experience of working with senior stakeholders and the ability to interact confidently with people at all levels of the firm
- Ability to make sound judgements regarding data protection risks
- Ability to interpret legislation and develop subject specific guidance/advice
- Ability to conduct research, analyse results and practically apply to real life scenarios
- Ability to distil complex matters and communicate clearly to non-subject matter experts
- Rapid assimilation of information, with the ability to work well under time pressure
- Attention to detail and focus on quality
- Organised self-starter, effectively managing your workload and that of more junior team members to ensure compliance with regulatory and internal deadlines
- Flexible multi-tasker: this is a dynamic role and you’ll be working on multiple, often complex pieces of work at the same time
- A good level of IT user ability, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Training time will be allowed for adaptation to in-house IT tools
These additional skills would be advantageous (desirable not essential)
- Legal training and experience
- Experience of reviewing Data Protection clauses within agreements
- A background understanding of compliance, information security and confidentiality
- Previous client service or project management experience
- Previous people management experience
Your service line: Quality, Risk and Security
The Quality, Risk and Security (QRS) community is an overarching identity for all of the professionals who manage quality and risk for Deloitte. It comprises: Deloitte Business Security (DBS), National Quality and Risk Management (NQRM) and Service Line Quality and Risk Management teams (including Switzerland), and is led by a dedicated partner who sits on the firm’s Executive. Within QRS, we use our skills and experience across a variety of disciplines to support a risk intelligent culture at Deloitte; enabling our partners and practitioners to deliver high quality services to their clients, minimising the administrative burden on our people, and acting as custodians of firm risk, security, ethics and reputation.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 178931