Manager, IT Assurance, Technology & Digital Risk, Risk Advisory Financial Services
2 days left
- Contract Type
As technology becomes more important across society, the work we do is undergoing greater levels of interest and scrutiny. You will be given the opportunity to engage with a broad set of individuals continually adapting, learning and developing as you work with various teams to understand and provide assurance over cutting edge technology environments.
Our Technology & Digital Risk team is expanding as we help financial services institutions to respond to new risks – and take advantage of new opportunities – presented by technological change.
Managing risk and establishing effective controls are at the heart of both good governance and competitive advantage. Our team of 150 UK professionals offers unrivalled depth of experience in providing governance, risk, control and assurance solutions to our clients in the financial services sector. We design, implement and assure business process and technology controls to manage the risks our clients face on a day-to-day basis.
Our principle areas of work in Technology & Digital Risk are:
- Technology risk management
- Project and programme risk management and assurance
- IT internal audit
- Controls advisory and assurance
- Automation risk
- Service auditor reporting
- Digital risk
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
We are looking for Managers to join this dynamic and fast-growing team. Successful candidates will work closely with our high-profile clients across the retail banking, capital markets, insurance and investment management sectors.
- Delivering client engagements ranging from high-value advisory work through to large-scale execution of risk and control programmes, including managing delivery teams.
- Supporting aspects of the engagement lifecycle, from engagement take-on through to conclusion.
- Building your expertise in the financial services industry sector to develop genuine insight for our clients, and sharing this knowledge with the wider team.
- Contributing to the development of innovative products and services that respond to market developments and the changing risk landscape.
- Participating in the management of our practice, including training and recruitment.
- Supporting Deloitte’s commitment to creating a culture of respect and inclusion for all of our people.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
For this role you will have
- An understanding of Technology and Digital Risk such IT Assurance, IT Controls and/or IT Audit.
- Financial services industry experience, be it working in practice or in industry, and typically in the field of risk and control in any of the three lines of defence.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to think creatively, generate innovative ideas, question the status quo and deliver effectively against challenging objectives.
- Experience of independently managing projects, budgets and teams.
- Business development and sales experience is welcomed but not a necessity
Your service line: Risk Advisory
In Risk Advisory, our thinking and actions give clients, our people and society the confidence to succeed responsibly in a rapidly changing world. We don’t just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you’ll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last four years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 172414