Machine Learning SME - Open to flexibility
As the UK's largest Retail and Commercial bank, Lloyds Banking Group has a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK. Its aim is to be the best bank for customers and we have a big responsibility to support the UK economy and help it prosper.
There is now an opportunity to be involved with Machine Learning which is a new technology to the bank. We are looking to use Machine Learning to help us make better business predictions. The Machine Learning team within the Information Management function will be responsible for operationalising models on our Big Data platform and so have the unique position of working with two of the most exciting technologies in the bank. The team will work closely with Digital banking and will be part of a broader AI initiative on Robotics and Cognitive technology.
As a Chief SME within the Information Management team you'll provide technical leadership through the offering of integrated design solutions. Additionally you'll possess expert knowledge of machine learning technologies and will be accountable for the design integrity of technical end to end solutions. And you'll act as a role model and mentor to technical colleagues.
Accountabilities will include being responsible for leading the technology direction for machine learning and providing architectural and technical design leadership and driving all associated software design activity. You'l also be acting as the software design integrator to ensure all components work effectively together, managing cross functional technical dependencies. You will identify future trends and requirements for Machine Learning and will act as an internal consultant for Machine Learning by leveraging knowledge. Also you'll lead and support the development of new tools and processes to improve software design and proactively share your own knowledge and technical expertise, coaching, advising and mentoring others to build their overall skillset within Machine Learning.
You will act as the point of technical contact and escalation for all design related tasks and interfaces with Architecture, Service Delivery, the business and key Partner resources. You will need to demonstrate extensive thought leadership and foster knowledge sharing to provide the best technical solutions for complex /significant business needs.
You will ensure compliance to the Banks IT architecture design and governance standards, procedures, guidelines, quality standards, and all regulatory and statutory requirements, ensuring the Bank is protected at all times.
We'll need the following from you:
* An Academic background in mathematics, computer science or artificial intelligence (MSc or PhD). Experience building machine learning models over large datasets within a commercial environment.
* Familiarity with statistical and algorithmic ML techniques including linear regression, logistic regression, Bayesian methods, decision trees, random forests, SVMs, clustering and PCA dimensionality reduction.
* Experience with machine learning toolkits such as Scikit learn, Spark MLlib/ML, Mahout, TensorFlow, or H2O. Knowledge of R, Java, Python or Scala languages.
* Understanding of distributed Big Data architecture and the Hadoop ecosystem including stream processing solutions.
The culture in Group IT brings together smart, talented, people from diverse backgrounds that enjoy a collaborative and innovative environment that supports flexible and agile working. You'd be joining a leading digital organisation with the career potential you'd expect and develop a set of highly sought after transferable skills.
We'll also provide a competitive overall benefits package which includes:
* A performance related bonus
* Generous pension contribution
* 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
* A flexible cash pot to spend on benefits
* Wider corporate benefits and perks
We'd also support work/life balance friendly options such as occasional home-working and we're passionate about diversity in the workplace.
So, if you have the experience we're seeking then get in touch, we'd like to hear from you…