Cast Administrator- Open to flexible working, including working from home
5 days left
- Contract Type
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Our department performs a wide number of non-judgmental audit tasks that range from bank letter and disclosure checklists to preparation of financial statements and accounts tagging. They provide a high level of quality and professional services that assist in the multiple aspects of the audit process relaying with auditors and teams throughout the firm.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this CAST Administrator role.
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- Own your own work. You will be trained to obtain filed statutory accounts, agree financial statement to trial balance and compare the financial statement against annual reports. You will identify any obvious process deficiencies/issues and support the resolution of these. You will support the changing needs of the business as and when required, liaising with internal and external clients.
- Be a part of a team. As a CAST Administrator you will manage risks at your own level and understand the risks associated with failure to perform own tasks correctly. You will keep up to date technically in order to carry out the role and adhere to policies and procedures, whilst working individually and as part of a team
- Take responsibility. You will be responsible for follow up actions and ongoing enquiries, ensuing processes are completed to a high standard and will make appropriate decisions and use your own judgement on work prioritisation ensuring expectations on service delivery can be met
- Build your brand. Given the importance of this role, there will be exciting opportunities for the right person to expand their knowledge and develop their skillset.
The minimum criteria
- You will have be educated to degree level or equivalent
- You will have an intermediate to advanced level knowledge of Microsoft office, including Excel and Word
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- You will have a positive attitude and able to use your own initiative
- You will have a proven track record of working as a team and on your own
- You will have experience of managing multiple tasks and processes in a fast paced environment
- You will have excellent communication skills, developed through regular interaction with senior management and key stakeholders
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.